Not A Joke | Logan-centric

summary: logan has never felt heard, he's always been a joke, but maybe that can change

word count: 614

this was just an excuse for me to write about tiny logan :)) also, i just realized i had an accent, bc ik it becomes thicker when i travel to places that aren't my hometown but i never noticed that i have it naturally like hello??

tw/cw// logan's kinda made fun of (it's meant to be all in good fun, though), crying

~~~~

Logan was often the subject of all his friends' jokes, every single one.

When he first met the friend group as a 7-year-old, Logan rarely talked out loud. He never had friends before then, and adults usually didn't care for what he had to say, so there was no actual reason to talk other than the initial introduction. However, when Logan got fed up with Roman's endless talking spree, he immediately jumped into a minute-long rant about social etiquette and why shutting up is sometimes the best option. Instead of listening to anything the nerd said, Roman burst out laughing at Logan's thick southern accent. Roman never did learn how to keep his mouth shut, and it took Logan a few more years until he talked as much as he should. 

Then, there was the time that Roman invited all of them over to swim at his house when they were 9. Being the social kids they were, Patton, Roman, and Remus knew how to swim from the many pool parties they'd been invited to. Janus and Virgil even knew how to swim because there was nothing else to do over the summer for two loners. Logan, however, spent most of his personal time knee-deep in books and puzzles, not spending any time outdoors unless someone shoved him outside. No matter how much Logan resisted, Roman practically forced him to get in the pool, which led to Logan clinging to the wall the entire time while Remus relentlessly made fun of him for not being able to swim. 

Soon after then, as a 12-year-old, Logan got braces...and a lisp. As if the boy didn't already have a list of things that made him a joke, this just made it so much worse. He managed to get away with it for a week before Patton asked for help on a math problem, and Logan accidentally obliged. He didn't catch himself at first, but the moment he saw Patton's wide grin, he knew. He never heard the end of that one for five years. 

Then, as a freshman in college, Logan and Janus became dormmates. Since he was a sleep-deprived college student that didn't know when to take a break, Logan would often leave his bed in a delirious state without acknowledging the existence of anyone or anything around him. On many occasions that Logan couldn't remember, but Janus never let him live down, the nerd's dormmate caught him in his unicorn onesie. Word spread through the friend group, and soon they were all begging to see the onesie, a request that made Logan hide it at the bottom of his drawer out of embarrassment. 

Logan usually hated these memories. He saw them as failures, proof he wasn't taken seriously, proof no one listened to him. But now, seeing the surprise party his friends threw for him with decorations referencing his favorite things and pictures of the friends together since they were little, he couldn't help the tears that ran down his cheeks. He was so used to thinking that no one truly cared, that no one truly knew him, but they did care, and they did listen.

Logan walked up to one of the pictures with a soft smile, tears still running down his face. "I hated that shirt, and I purposefully deleted this picture from my computer, so I'd never see it again." He chuckled. "It's not even that bad, now that I look at it. I look so happy." "Are you okay, L?" Virgil asked. Logan smiled and nodded, still staring at the picture. "I'm better than okay. Thank you, all of you." He turned to Virgil and pulled him into a hug. 

~~~~

not to reuse one of my old captions, but don't you just love it when logan isn't a joke jhfjhdk i literally just wrote this bc i was like, "okay, but what if logan had braces and a texan accent 0-0" anywho, hope you all enjoyed, stay safe (especially those of you in texas rn), love you all, buh bye!

2/20/21