Eyes | Platonic Moxiety/Platonic LAMP

summary: virgil is nervous for his first day of high school, wanting to stay home instead to protect his family. patton promises they'll be fine without him, but can they keep that promise?

word count: 726

i just watched avengers so i don't even know what this is :) i didn't know what to title it either haha (kdjks i thought i posted this already and i was so sad that no one liked it :( anyways i'm sorry i actually thought i posted this and now i'm upset, here ya go)

tw// fighting, suffocation until passing out (no death), sad moments :))

~~~~

"Virgil, you ready for school, kiddo?" Virgil smiled and slid his backpack straps over his shoulders. "Yep, I'm ready." "Okay good. Lo, Ro, I'm taking Virgil to school, I'll be back!" Patton shouted through the house before turning to his son and leaving the house.

Once both boys were in the car, on the way to Virgil's school, Virgil began to feel more nervous. "Virge? What's wrong?" Virgil sighed. "Are you guys gonna be okay without me? I can still be homeschooled, it's fine. Seriously, high school isn't that important. With this scary mask guy suddenly showing up, you guys need my help. I-" Patton slipped his hand into his son's. "Virgil, we'll be fine. It was unfair of us to keep you at home, helping with our 'superhero' stuff. You need to be a kid, explore the world, not staying holed up in your room researching our enemies."

Patton pulled into the school parking lot and turned to Virgil. "Kiddo, we will be okay. I promise, your father and I have Uncle Roman helping us along with the other heroes. Just go and try to make some friends, okay? Have fun, my love." Virgil felt slightly calmer and nodded, exiting the car. 'You can do this, they'll be fine. They're adults, not to mention the most badass superheroes in America, probably even the world. You'll be okay.'

~~~~

Virgil arrived back home, texting Patton that he'd walk instead of getting a ride. Public school is weird, Virgil wasn't used to it. He wasn't as clueless as Cady Heron, luckily watching every high school movie just to get the general idea of it. But he didn't expect kids and teachers to be as cold as they were. They barely cared that there was a new student, no bullies, no new friends, no awesome teachers to connect with, just another face in the crowd.

Maybe he'd ask his parents and uncle if they could bake some cookies like they used to. Honestly he needed the break and he figured they did too. With his plans in mind, he unlocked the door and announced his arrival. He set his bag down and furrowed his eyebrows when there was no response. Their cars were still here, there was some water boiling over on the stove so they were obviously somewhere in the house. Virgil quickly turned the burner off and tried to think of where his family could be.

"Virgil's home." Virgil heard his father, Logan, say from the kitchen entrance. He let out a sigh of relief and turned to all three men. "Thank gosh, I thought something had happened to you guys." Virgil examined them as they remained silent, noticing their eyes were a glowing blue color. "Get him." Patton ordered.

Virgil ran around them as they chased him through the kitchen to the living room. Roman hooked an arm around his neck, Virgil's years of combat training kicked in. He used Roman's arm as leverage, kicking against Logan's chest to form a full flip. He shoved Roman into Logan, effectively knocking both men into the ground.

Patton approached him, "I'm sorry, Dad." Virgil whispered before swinging his fist towards his dad's face. Patton caught his fist and twisted it painfully. Before Virgil could register anything else, Roman and Logan grabbed his arms and slammed him onto the floor, holding him down. Virgil began squirming and crying, screaming for any of them to snap out of it. Patton towered over him, placing both hands on his neck. "Dad...please!" Virgil struggled to breathe, let alone form sentences.

He stared into his family's eyes, empty of their light brown eyes, empty of their laughs, their voices, they were shells of their former selves. This villain had taken them away, anger and determination taking place as they slowly killed Virgil.

Patton glanced up, doing a double take. A small card Virgil made when he was 14 for Patton as a Christmas gift. "I-I know it's stupid but I used to make you cards every year so I thought this'd be nice." "I love it, Virgil." Patton blinked, the blue disappearing from his vision. His grip on Virgil loosened, who had passed out but softly breathed in. Patton's hands came up to his mouth as he realized what he'd done, rising to his feet and backing away. What had he done?

~~~~

there was more but i felt like it took away from the mood of the story so i deleted it :) i'm so scared for how school will be on monday bc it's gonna be my high school and college classes and college was a lot to handle without high school added, i'm scared :( but, while i fear for what that'll be like, i hope you enjoyed, love y'all, stay safe, buh bye!!

8/23/20