Talk To Him | Logicality

summary: patton likes the intimidating overachiever at his school, logan sanders. maybe he'll find that logan isn't as strong as he thinks he is.

word count: 697

i really want to make a squid game themed one shot, but the one i'm writing seems to be more for people who've seen the show than everyone bc it all moves so fast sdjhfksj

tw/cw// sad/insecure logan, that should be it

~~~~

Patton Baker wasn't the most intelligent student, nor did he try to be. He stared down at his algebra worksheet, bored out of his mind and counting down the minutes to lunch. "Excuse me, Ms. Howell?" The teen boy looked up, face reddening as he watched his crush, Logan Sanders, quietly converse with the algebra teacher.

Logan never seemed to be in class, usually walking around to different classrooms for his leadership responsibilities. Despite dedicating his time to clubs, he still managed to be valedictorian, a feat Patton didn't think was possible outside of class. 

"You're drooling a little there, buddy." A voice teased with a whisper. Patton quickly turned to see his friend Roman staring back with a smirk. Patton pouted and looked back down at his worksheet. "I am not drooling."

Roman hummed sarcastically. "Sure, and we're not in algebra class right now. Patt, why don't you just talk to him? I guarantee you he isn't as intimidating as people make him out to be." Patton raised an eyebrow and glanced at his friend. "Have you talked to him?"

"...No." Patton rolled his eyes. "But he's close with all of the teachers! Especially Mr. Brown, and he only likes the nice kids." Patton sighed, watching Logan softly laugh with Ms. Howell. "Okay, I'll try to talk to him. The keyword there is 'try.' If he tells me off and I cry, I'll fully blame you."

Roman shrugged. "I'm okay with that."

~~~~

Patton took in a deep breath. Logan was usually busy, but sometimes he could be found around the office. The crushing boy nervously approached the main office, almost running into Logan as he walked through the doors. "Logan," He called, gaining the attention of the nerd. "H-Hi. Can I talk to you real quick?" Logan slowly nodded, glancing around the crowded halls. 

"Okay, so, I know you probably don't know who I am, but I just wanted to tell you that I've had a crush on you for a while now." Patton looked up at Logan with a wince, noticing the other boy's wide eyes and light blush. "On...me?" 

Patton awkwardly nodded. "How? I rarely spend time around classmates, and I keep to myself, there's not much you can determine based on that." Patton frowned. "Well, I don't know. I just really admire you and how smart you are," Patton trailed off with a small smile. "And there's this thing you do when you talk to teachers; you get the smallest smile on your face. It just makes you look so calm and relaxed, and-" Realization struck Patton in the face as he cut himself off in embarrassment.

Logan shook his head, closing his eyes and furrowing his eyebrows. "Patton, you can't possibly like me." Worried about rejection, Patton meekly asked, "Why not?"

"B-Because I'm not like you. I don't know the first thing about having a friend, let alone a b-boyfriend." Logan took in a shaky breath. "I'm just not sure you want to get involved with me of all people. I'd just end up hurting you without realizing it. You'd be better off with someone like Roman Prince." The nerd attempted to walk off, a sad look on his face.

Without a second thought, Patton gently grabbed his wrist, stopping him from walking further away. "Logan, respectfully, I want nothing to do with Roman romantically. If you don't like me back, I can live with that. But if you're turning me down because you think you'd be bad for me, I will not accept that."

"Why not?" Logan whispered, partially curious.

"Because even though we don't know each other personally, I know for a fact that you are not a bad or boring person. You treat everyone and everything with so much kindness; you show how much you care without even realizing it. I want to get to know you better. Will you please let me in?" Logan gulped and looked down. "Okay," He took in a deep breath before making eye contact with Patton. "I'll spend time with you this weekend. And, hopefully, I can be your boyfriend by the end of it." He whispered with a small, hopeful smile.

~~~~

okayy so i'm so tired but today is hoco for my school, so i'm going to that, i really hope i have a good time there bc if something happens, i will cry vjdsfhkfj anywho, i hope y'all enjoyed, i love you all, stay safe, buh bye!!

11/6/21