Our Son ( Part 11 )

🖤   11

*** Nompumelelo***

I thought he wasn't going to come since I gave him wrong details but whatever. I am going to ignore his ass until Jesus comes back.

"Sis, he does look like Lwandle or Lwandle looks more like him yaz and he keeps looking at you" Nomusa says to me.

"I don't know why he came here cabanga the drama we were going to have if Lwandle's grandfather was here also" I say irritated.

"They told you to move on angisho, so I don't understand why you worried, plus he is Hot!"

"Shut up" I say hitting her on her arm.

She laughs and I pretend to be listening to her busy telling me how sexy Mmelokuhle is. I know they told me to move on, but that man was the love on my life. It's hard. What if my in-laws sees him, surely they are going to think I cheated on my husband and got pregnant by someone else and let Mbuso fathered my son. This is a mess. The more people say they look the same, the more I'm starting to get nervous.

I'm brought back from my thoughts when I hear everyone screaming and cheering, they won!

I catch him looking at me and we stare into each other's eyes for a minute before my gaze goes to my mother who is calling my name.

"Mpumelelo, are you going to invite your friend to join us for lunch" No why. He must stay far away from us as possible.

"Ma, I'm sure he has better things to do plus he is a very busy man" I lie.

"Mxm, I'm not stupid wena!" My mom says loudly and Nomusa laughs at me. Okay that went south. And she goes straight to him and my dad. We follow her. 

What I see between them doesn't sit right with me. My dad is smiling and laughing with him. He was definitely not like this when he first met Mbuso. 

"Baba yaz bengicabanga ukuthi we should invite uMmeli for lunch, manje your daughter athi he is a busy man, are you busy today vele Mmelokuhle?" She asks him.

I roll my eyes. I really should stop doing this kamampela.

"Kodwa Ma, I told you he is busy so I don't not think he can co....” And the idiot cuts me off.

"I would love to join you for lunch Mrs Nkosi, ngiyabonga for the invite" He says casually. 

"Uyabonake! Konke kulungile, asambeni" My dad says.

The kids have eaten their snacks and the hotdogs I made for them so it's time to go home now and by lunch they mean my house. We gather all our things and leave. 

"Dad can I drive tu, this will give me a good practice" Nomusa asks my dad.

"Ayi angeke!! we still too young to die thina if she is driving I am not going with you guys" Nompilo whines.

"Uzohamba ngani ke. Remember we all came with one car" My dad tells her and she is sulking.

"I don't mind driving with her" Mmeli says and we all stop and look at him…shit he is still here, why is he holding my son's hand like that.

"Uhm, no she will ride with us. Don't mind her she is just being a drama queen" I tell him.

"You will drive behind us neh we are going back to my house" 

He is staring at me and Lwandle is right next to him. And I look at him holding hands with my son. He let's go Lwandle's hand and he runs to my dad.

"Can I have a word with you please" He asks and everyone walks away leaving the two of us there.

"Yes sure, what's up"