Our Son (Part 55)

Season Finale

Chapter 55

*Mmelokuhle*

I'm getting married to the love of my life today and I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with this woman. I think I had a mini heart attack when she told me she was going back home with our son after she announced to everyone that we were getting married again. I will never get used to how lucky and blessed I am, that I am with this woman, to think we were only brought together because of uLwandle. Till this day I wonder why and how he looks like me, even having the same DNA. Till this day I cannot not explain how our blood matched that day when I needed reports to prove that he was mine. Our love has been so strong over the couple of months. She is my heart and as long as I live, she will always come first.

The day she returned home after the negotiations, she told me that she wanted to wear my grandmother's dress. Ngobese instruction, she said. I was so confused, and I asked her what she meant because no one knew where the dress was, instead of explaining herself to me I was left hanging. Maybe I was left like that for this moment right now.

Breath-taking.

I'm watching her with her father walking down the aisle. I thought I was going to be nervous and all that but, it's the opposite. I want her next to me already. Her beautiful brown eyes go up to meet with mine and her face flushes.

The ceremony starts and the bishop blesses everything. I am very sure she is not listening to what the archbishop is saying the way her mind wonders around. I'm looking at her smiling. I pray to God that I manage to keep. After our vows we kneel and the whole congregation is asked to stand and remain standing for the bishop to pray for us. I wish we had the opportunity to say out own vows. I want the whole world to know that this woman right here has my heart, I want the world to know that I live and breathe for this woman.

My wife is beautiful

Her beauty is unexplainable.

So perfect.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife." The bishop states and Ngobese starts chanting our clans' names.

"What now? Can I not kiss my bride?" I complain. This man just knows how to ruin a perfect moment.
While everyone is still standing. He looks at my wife and tells her that its time, right after he tells everyone that the throne has found another keeper. When he takes out the crown my father and Charles mumbles some shit and if this wasn't a church, I would have cursed them out.

"Are you ready, my Queen?" What!

She was chosen by them. She nods looking at me. I know for sure that this moment right here will booked down forever. Everyone will forever remember this day.

"LET IT RAIN!" She commands and the rain outside starts drizzling.

"Imihlola!" "Who is she?" "Is she the next Queen?" I ignore all the voices, but I don't blame them, I am clueless just like them. I have never pictured my wife as the next ruler. A Princess, yes, because she is married to me, but to be chosen to be a Queen having no royal blood in her is something else.

"Nompumelelo..." I say softly.

"You need to crown me as your Queen, Bukhosi." She says leaving me speechless.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Must I bless the crown?" The archbishop asks instead. I look at him then back to this mysterious woman standing next to me.

"He has to do it." She says answering the bishop.

"Can I have a word with my wife, please." She must explain to me what the hell does this mean because looking at her she clearly knows what's going on and she seems like she knew for a while now. I thought we agreed not to keep anything from each other.