Our Son (Part 27)

🖤   27

**Nomusa**

We driving in silence and listening to music…good music. I love the quietness we in right now. Gives me time to think. I wish my sister was with us right now. She’s the only one who knows how to fix things immediately with me I have to think and plan first. Lord can she just wake up please…we need her.

Nina Simone starts to sing and Breeze sings along as well shocking me with his lovely voice.

I wish I knew how
It would feel to be free
I wish I could break
All the chains holding me
I wish I could say
All the things that I should say

Say 'em loud, say 'em clear
For the whole round world to hear

I wish I could share
All the love that's in my heart
Remove all the bars
That keep us apart
I wish you could know
What it means to be me
Then you'd see and agree
That every man should be free…..

I’m so lost in his voice that I start crying. He stops singing and I feel his hand on my thigh. I turn to look at him.

“What’s wrong?” He asks me and I can hear the panic in his voice.

“That’s my sister’s favourite song.” I sob and he pulls over the car at the side of the road and pulls me to sit on his lap so I straddle him.

“Please don’t cry…she is going to be fine.” He says while rubbing his hand on my back.

I shake my head because I know my sister is fighter but right now I feel like she has given up on us. I have this feeling that she is going to leave us.

My face is buried in his neck while he is caressing me. We stay like that for a while till I move away from him and settle back down on my seat.

“I’m fine now thank you.” I tell him.

“You sure.” I smile.

“Yes I’m good we can go now.” He nods and drives away.

We arrive at this fancy restaurant and we are so under dressed Breeze is wearing Jeans and a black shirt and sneakers. People here are wearing heels and suits but that doesn’t seem to bother my date.

We are shown to our table. He pulls out a chair for me to sit.

“Sphiwe.” A lady’s voice calls out and she’s looking at him…wait! What that’s his name and did I just see him rolling his eyes.

“It is you…Sphiwe how are you.” She says while kissing him on his cheek. Typical slay queen this one. Everything on point.

“Mbali how are you.” I ignore them and check the menu.

“I’m good…I didn’t know you had a sister.” I raise my head and look at her… is she talking about me.

“You look familiar… do I know you from somewhere.” She asks me.

“Neah you don’t know me.” I look back at the menu.