Our Son (Part 24)

🖤  24

**Mmelokuhle**

Sometimes when we make mistakes we have to apologize for it and move on. I must admit I made a mistake with this Isaac guy. That’s why I’m here now at his office to apologize. I knock and he shouts come in from the other side.

“Mr Mngomezulu.”

“Isaac Mazibuko.” I shake hands with him and he offers me a seat. Shit I did a number on him he looks really bad.

“I’m here to apologise for my actions and I’m willing to pay for your medical bills should need be.” My apology catches him off guard and he frowns.

“Honestly I wasn’t expecting that from you…but no hard feelings. Nompumelelo is a lovely person.” 

Hearing him say her name rubs me off because what I found out about him is that he is their family friend who has been trying to get into her pants. I clear my throat.

“So why are they trying to take her son from her.” He looks shocked and I’m saying “trying” because no one will take anything from her…including her son.

“I can’t discuss that with you.” I chuckle and sit back placing my right foot over there other.

“I know that…but you are going to discuss it with me.” I say with a smug smile.

“Mr Mngomezulu like I said I will not be discussing my client business with you.”

“Okay. Call me when you change your mind.” I say standing up leaving my business card with him and l turn to leave.

“Mr Mngomezulu wait…” Okay that was fast. Nkazimulo did a good job with these new cards. People will take me seriously now…especially people who my family donates to… Like this Law firm my surname is on their letterhead.

“Isaac I don’t have all day I need to go back and check my woman.” I see him gulp.

“They found out that Lwandle is rich. Mbuso took out a life cover that pays out every after two years. That money can only be access by his guardian.” 

It irks me that people tend to let money control them. By the looks of things Nompumelelo has been taking care of Lwandle by herself now that there’s money involved they want to take him away from her.

“How much are we talking about.” He exhales deeply.

“5 Million every after two years.” The Fuck!. I widen my eyes. Which life cover is that.

“You going to fight them.” I tell him.

“I’m not sure… Nompumelelo still need to give me the go ahead.” This guy is very slow for a lawyer.

“Isaac I was telling you… and make it a short case.” I leave him there in his office and drive back to the hospital.

When I arrived at the hospital I had to use the back entrance because of the press that is camping in front. Nomusa and her dad is already here talking to her doctor who walks out when I enter.

“Sanibonani” I greet and stand next to Nomusa. Shit she looks just like my girl.

“Mngomezulu unjani.” Her dad greets back. And Nomusa remains quiet.

“Nomusa how are you.” I will not be disrespected by her. She rolls her eyes and looks away.

“Nomusa I did not raise you that way…show some respect.” Her father comes to my rescue. What’s her problem.

“Ngiyaphila.” She mumbles still not looking at me.

“Thank you for arranging a private room for her.” Mr Nkosi says.