Our Son (Part 19)

🖤  19

**Nompumelelo**

I drove straight to my parent's house. How stupid am I to confess my feelings for him so early no wonder he was so distant.

When I arrived at home the lights were already off probably everyone went to sleep early today. I called my sister.

“Hey Sis unjani.” Nomusa greets me.

“Hey are you home…please open up for me I’m outside.” I didn’t have my gate remote or keys since I was still driving the Wagon.

“Okay I’m coming.” I drop the call and wait for her.

I get in as soon as the gate opens and she’s waiting for me with my mom. Did she have to wake her up kodwa.

“Is everything alright…are you okay.” My mom asks me.

“Ngi right Ma… can we talk ekseny please I’m tired.” I make my way to my room and she follows me.

“Hhai Nompumelelo you can’t just pitch up ngale skhathi bese uthi uright.” She says out loud waking up everyone. Kanti what time is it. I check the time…23:40.

“Mama it’s late.” I get to my room and all of them are sleeping in here …my son too. I sigh and go to Nomusa’ room.
My dad is up following his wife who is following me. This is too much.

“Vele ku late…who’s car is that and what are you wearing.” Shit I’m still wearing his t-shirt.

“Mama please.” I beg her to just leave me alone.

“Nompumelelo yini.” My dad asks and I lose it and cry. My mom rushes to me and holds me while I sob.

“What’s wrong Sisi.” Everyone is up except my son. All of them are looking at me sobbing in my mom’s arms.

“I fell in love with him mama and he doesn’t feel the same.” I tell her and she rubs my back. 

I hear my dad asking my sisters to give us space and they all leave the room.

“Is that his car” She asks and I nod.
I tell her everything and she embraces me while we laying in bed.

“I’m sure if you give him some time he will let you in.” I shake my head in disagreement.

I saw it in his eyes he doesn’t feel the same as I do.

“It hurts mama…” I cry.

“Ungakhali Sisi.” She comforts me.
I’ve been single for so long now and I just had to fall for someone who gave me just a bit of attention.

Rejection sucks!

***

**Nomusa**

When my dad asked us to give my mom and sister some space I went to the bathroom instead. Now I’m eavesdropping on their conversation. My poor sister she didn’t let anyone in after she lost her husband and now the first guy she likes doesn’t feel the same.

I knock softly before letting myself in and wake up my mom because Lwandle is asking for her.

“Mama Lwandle is asking for you” I whisper because my sister has fallen asleep. And she leaves the room. I get in behind my sister and hold her tightly to me. I sleep also.

********

“Musa man let me breathe tu.” She complains and I chuckle.

“I love you.” I hold her even tighter.