mental preparation, wow big words...

I stood outside English, hopeing that we would have a substitute teacher today. I was mentally preparing myself for the laughter or the mocking that would surely come when I entered the room. The hallway was empty by now and I could've sworn that I already heard the laughter from inside. But that couldn't be because of me, could it? I was probably just being paranoid. Or flattering myself, I wasn't exactly popular, but I was well known, being one of the few girls AND actually being a virgin, not a loose floozy. Well, maybeI wasn't flattering mysle since Sky, a year and a grade older than me, knew about it...

I took a deep breath and barged into the nearly full classroom. The teacher wasn't even in here, so no worries about a detention yet. And the only time that people looked at me was when I threw the door open and it hit the wall with a crash. After that they just went bac to thier random convos... I took my normal seat in the back, all the way to the left. I was hoping not be noticed, but that wasn't a good hope AT ALL, now was it?

For some totally unknown reason, the guys in the class picked today to try and talk to me, once again!

The boy to my right, the only one sitting next to me, turned to me and with a friendly smile said, "Hey there Jillian!"

 I frowned and said, "I'm sorry, but I really can't remember your name. Like not even ringing a freaking bell here..." I said.

His smile dropped a fraction of an inch and he cheerfully said, "My name is Leo!"

I scrutinized his face and said, "You look more like a Jessie to me!"

He looked at me oddly and then continued, "Look, I know a second ago that you didn't even know my name, but I was wondering if..."

I cut him off before he got any farther by holding my hand up. I wasn't even turned towards him as I said it and I said it strongly, "Damn right, and I haven't swiped my V card and don't plan on it anytime soon. So drop it or I'll kick your jock monkey ass to Timbuktoo!"

I swiftly glanced at him to see his reaction. He actually looked hurt. He huffed to himself and began scribbling on a notebook, his dark skater boy hair falling into his face. He really looked like a decent guy, maybe I shouldn't have been so harsh.

I turned towards him and swiftly said, "Talk to my bestie Skyler Grogoni and if he likes you tha pick me up at 9:15 on Friday. Ask Sky for directions. If he doesn't like you then, FUCK OFF!" I turned back towards my desk just in time to see Leo/Jessie's face light up.

I turned my head toward him one more time and said, "Oh, and I meant what I said about my V card. I don't plan on losing it anytime soon."

To my surprise, Leo answered me with a develish grin, "Neither do I, sweety pie."

And with that he left a stunned me to contemplate what the hell I just did. Could he be, dare I say it, my first boyfriend?!?!?!?!?