🦇XCVIII🦇

I wanted to make up for not updating in a while so here is another chapter 💚💜💚💜💚💜

Listen to "experience- ludovico einaudi" while reading this chapter ^_^

🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇

It had been a week since Jimin had left. And although Jungkook stayed in the Alpha's mansion, not a word was said between them. They were dancing on the fence between hatred and empathy.

Like a roulette with one barrel. One that could take Yoongi's life, one that could take Jungkook's life. And both if they couldn't make a decision.

And even if that decision was met, Jungkook still couldn't find it in himself to forgive. Not that Yoongi would ever forgive himself. Not that they both had the power to forgive. Even then acceptance was a mirage dream away.

Taehyung and Hoseok had left soon after, they returned to the vampire clan. And even if Jungkook were to follow he knew Jimin wouldn't be waiting for him anymore. No one knew where Jimin had gone to. He could be in a certain small corner of the world or he could have returned to the spirit world where he was originally. Perhaps the latter, since being here only left a painful scar, one that would throb if he were ever to think of the two men he loved again.

The date was approaching, Jungkook could feel it. Even as he and the Alpha tried to avoid each other, there were brief moments while they were at the dinning room or when they both found themselves looking out of the balcony at night when they couldn't sleep and their eyes would meet. And though it was a split second their eyes had lingered, and it was neither anger nor empathy that was shared between them. And Jungkook wouldn't admit it. But for once, he hated being alone.

Perhaps there was a younger version of himself which was used to being alone. But that had all changed since he met Jimin. His Master's warmth, had filled him completely, even when Jimin was away for business, Jungkook knew he would return and so that warmth had never died. But now he was isolated, with nothing but his fears forming into reality. He lived for Jimin, and now that the warmth was gone forever, he was like a lost child again.

Sometimes Jungkook would spend his time sleeping, at least when he was in a dream he wouldn't have to face reality. A dream where Jimin would laugh as Jungkook played him a piece on the piano, or sweep him off his feet as they danced deep into the moon lit night. A place where the smiles on their faces were comfortable. Where food was plentiful on the table, where Jungkook served Jimin with his whole heart. And not a day had gone by where he wasn't thankful.

Jimin gave him warmth, whether it was the kindness of his words, or the heat from his kisses. Jungkook adored it. He treasured it, in more ways one could ever treasure another. It overwhelmed him, in ways passion was capable of. Because his love grew like a strong willow tree, which protected him from suffering. Because Jimin never allowed him to suffer. Unless it was the consequence of being loved so much. In which case Jungkook could never complain. Because Jimin loved him before Jungkook could learn betrayal, could learn that there were people that could fall out of love and people that would purposely hurt others. So he didn't realise how painful all those things could be. How painful being deserted was and how cold betrayal could feel.

He didn't realise how much he was hurting Jimin until everything Jungkook protected crumbled so easily before him. This pain was so raw in his chest. And so he awoke with a violent scream. Tears dripping down his cheeks. He was gasping for breath and his whole body was shaking. He was panicking. The same way Jimin had so many nights when he remembered. Remembered the pain. Recalled the sorrow. And it broke him. Like it was breaking Jungkook right now. He felt dizzy as his voice went raspy and he couldn't scream anymore.

Jungkook felt a body hold him tightly, pulling him out of his misery briefly. He never expected Yoongi would be the one to comfort him or hold him like this. Not in a million years, but he did. And Jungkook found himself holding tightly onto that warmth, no matter how fragile it was. "He's gone." Jungkook's voice broke. "He's never coming back. And it hurts- it hurts so much."

"I know." Yoongi whispered softly. And Jungkook felt it all the way into his bones as he held tighter that the Alpha was the only person in this vast world who could understand what he was feeling.

🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇

Love Minty xxx