🐺CIV🐺

Here is another 🥺 I hope you all have a lovely day.

🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

After leaving the vampire clan reluctantly, the two had traveled for a couple of months. Yoongi knew Jungkook missed Hoseok and Taehyung but there was someone they both missed more. And being out here was a mixture of trying to find him and trying to find themselves.

With each day Yoongi was further and further away from the land he grew up, places he hadn't seen before were appearing before his eyes. Jungkook however, seemed to know a few of these places. Yoongi would hear him mutter about how certain alleyways looked different. How the buildings grew in numbers and how they would now tower over him.

Yoongi waited outside the room of the inn of a small town east from the last town they visited. It was all because Jungkook had a particular peeve. Every living space they had was made spotless by him.

"Please Jungkook, I'm tired and I want to sit down." Yoongi groaned as he knocked on the door.

"Just a minute." Jungkook called. "They never clean under the table, it's actually disgust-"

The Alpha had enough, he pushed the door open and threw his bag on the floor. Jungkook wore an apron around his body, his hair tied back, a cloth in his hand as he was knelt on the floor with a bucket on his side. "Let me just help you so we can go to sleep."
He grabbed a cloth and began scrubbing.

"No no no!" Jungkook shouted as he grabbed the cloth away. "I'm the butler and it's my duty to make sure the Master's accommodation is in-"

"Jungkook I'm not your Master and we are supposed to be partners, we do this together not one working for the other. Out here no one is the Master." Yoongi explained. He had to, he probably told Jungkook this many times. But he was stubborn and there was only one person who taught him this.

"You think I'm doing this for you!" Jungkook continued scrubbing. "I don't want to live in a pigsty thank you very much. And you've never cleaned in your life so, just wash up and leave me to my comfort zone-"

"So when you become the Luna, you're still going to be cleaning the mansion." Yoongi blurted.

"What did you say." Jungkook froze. And before he registered Jungkook's expression, Yoongi immediately knew what was going on in his head.

A demon was a person's soul manifested into a real being. A shadow that followed them constantly. Sharing pain, sharing joy. They were a living force of their Master's power. So what did it mean to share a demon?

When sharing a demon, it meant the link between the Master and their demon was now open to another Master. Where because Yoongi and Jungkook were tied to a single entity, they were also tied to each other. If Yoongi were to get hurt, Jungkook would feel the magnitude of the same pain.

And in this moment Yoongi could tell how much these words hurt him. But he couldn't understand why. "Listen first. I was going to ask you after our trip but before I realised it the words already left my lips." He held onto Jungkook's hands, his eyes softening, hoping his companion would understand him.

"Don't." Jungkook pushed him away. "Don't say another word. I'm going to pretend I didn't hear you. Wash up and let's go to bed. You're tired, I'm tired." He stood up and Yoongi followed.

"I've been thinking about this for awhile. You have taken the responsibilities of the Luna, you help me, you help the pack. We need you." Yoongi pleaded.

"Do you even know what you're saying?" Jungkook glared at him angrily. "It's like you're saying you don't need him anymore. Like you don't care if he isn't coming back."

"You know that isn't true." Yoongi warned. "I love him, just as much as you do. But this is different he isn't here. How about you take the position temporarily-"

Yoongi saw it before it happened, Jungkook snapped, punching him across the face. "You said you would never be a replacement for me, so how can you make me his replacement." Jungkook teared up and it broke Yoongi in ways he didn't know was possible.

"Leaving a third plate on the table isn't going to bring him back." Yoongi regretted the words as the left his lips but it was already too late.

"You have a Luna." Jungkook said. "We have a Luna. If you ask me to take the title it's like you're saying-" His voice was muffled as a single tear cascaded down his cheek. "It's like you're saying he doesn't have a place to return to." Jungkook threw the cloth he was holding in his hands and left the room without sparing Yoongi another look.

🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

I want to post the next chapter as soon as I can. Thank you for reading! Until the next one 💜💚💜💚💜

Love Minty xx