🦇XII🦇

Jikook's story is set 1000 years, just for reference for the future update, double update today

🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇
One thousand years ago

There were many times Jungkook had dreamt about the day he met Jimin for the first time. He could still remember the cold cobblestone. The stench of the sewers that night. Back when he was human, a homeless child. He remembered the frost crawling slowly to his core. He hadn't remembered the last time he ate. Had it been a week already.

Every day felt like it was a lonely winter. No one paid attention to humans, much less orphans. They were the only race on Earth that couldn't summon a demon. They had no importance. Even the begging bowl he had was moulding away.

It was in this endless darkness where he met him for the first time. A man had gotten off his extravagant carriage, and stepped out into the dirty streets. Jungkook wouldn't have realised he was shivering until the man crouched down and dropped a shiny red jewel into his begging bowl.

He looked up slowly and saw the man smile at him. It was a friendly gesture he never had the luxury to receive. Jungkook couldn't see his face properly, it was covered by the shadow of his top hat. This was a wealthy man, Jungkook wondered why he was given this much attention. Was it pity for being a child thrown away by society?

The humans were at the bottom of society. They were below the faeries, the werewolves, the sirens, the elves and all the other races that he had yet to learn about. It was because they were too weak. In the battle of the races, without a demon, they were treated as the inferior specie.

"Please sir," Jungkook spoke slowly. "I cannot accept the jewel. May I please have food instead." It was the first set of words he had spoken in a while. His throat hurt, he needed water. He even felt it was too painful to breathe.

"This jewel can be sold at the bank." The man with enchanting red eyes explained. "It's worth a life time supply of food, all the houses in the human district. You can buy all the cattle in the fields, all the land you see. You can even buy this very street. You could eat like a King for the rest of your life and even then, you would have money left over."

Jungkook looked at the jewel, it was a small beautiful gem. One that sparked so much, yet such a tiny stone could give him so much peace. "This thing here sir?"

"My name is Jimin. And yes, it is yours if you want it." The man smiled. "Or you can take my second offer." He held his hand out slowly. Jungkook had only noticed the little bat that was perched on Jimin's shoulder. Jungkook wondered what kind of race Jimin was. He was something he had never seen before. His hand looked warm and Jimin's eyes were so different than anything he had seen before. It reminded him of a warm fire at the back of his memory.

He could have had a peaceful life. But it was the comfort of a companion that drove Jungkook to accept the first hand that reached out to him. To this day he wondered what his life could have been like if he didn't meet Jimin that day.

But no matter what, he had no regrets.

🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇

Even though it's confusing I hope you like :)

Love minty xxx