Lily examined him for a while and looked around, trying to spot what Mahiru had been talking about. When he couldn't, he turned to the boy but could feel that he didn't want to mention more about the subject any longer.

With a light snort, he gave a polite smile to him,"Well, it appears that it is not that important since you do not wish to talk more about it. Let's go catch up with the rest, shall we? We're a bit behind them so we should hurry."

Mahiru noted that down as he took a glance of the rest from behind Lily and noticed that he was telling the truth since they were being quite slow.

He nodded in response to Lily's request and Lily nodded back as they both started to walk to the rest slowly, taking their own sweet time but ensuring that they wouldn't be too far behind.

For some reason to Mahiru, it didn't feel too bad with Lily walking beside him. He expected himself to be running for the hills right now since his thoughts would be screaming 'this guy's gonna rat you out' but surprisingly, the silence between them wasn't too uncomfortable.

While walking along, Lily glanced around due to boredom before his eyes travelled naturally back to the hooded individual beside him. He realised that he hasn't really talked to him much.

With a spark of curiosity and finding no harm in making small talk, he decided to start a conversation,"So, how long have you been in the C3 for? Four years? Five years? Although we didn't hear much about you until two years ago."

Mahiru caught his question and tilted his head slightly as he wondered why the male would be interested in him.

He decided to entertain him nonetheless,"I joined the C3 two years ago. I've been working alongside with some individuals to help me train so that I could be strong enough."

Lily replied softly with a dragged 'o' before continuing,"I see. You're pretty bold though, making your name for yourself the moment you join the C3. Two years ago, huh..."

'In some way, that tallies with the timeline that Mahiru left Sleepy Ash,' Lily mused with a sad smile as he reflected back on how devastated the Sloth pair was back then and how much pain they were in, not once considering there to be a connection between them both.

Mahiru and Sleepy Ash both made drastic decisions— some good some bad and the situation now was the consequence.

Even though, yes, he didn't agree with how Sleepy Ash dealt with the situation, they all still agreed to help him find Mahiru again and try to apologize.

Sleepy Ash told them that it was okay if Mahiru still hated him in the end; as long as he said sorry and Mahiru acknowledged it, it was fine. But until then he would keep chasing him until the end of the world.

Lily brought a thumb up to his chin as he wondered for ways to find Mahiru quicker. He was definitely still in the area since Sleepy Ash has claimed to have seen him in a convenience store once, even having talked to him.

Or, well, chased after him.

Maybe they could try to recruit more people? It wasn't too bad to have more arm power since trying to find one fish in an ocean was near impossible and pretty hard. But with a team, they could find that sole fish easier.

Maybe even an organization?

'To recruit more people... more people, huh,' Lily pondered as his eyes travelled back to the male beside him again. Maybe...?

"Shiro," Lily called out softly and watched as the male turned to him again,"what do you say joining our search for a short while?"

Mahiru wondered what 'search' he was speaking of, ignoring the voice in his mind that was telling him that he may be talking about him as he replied,"Huh? What's this about?"