But how did they even get ahold of this information? This was pretty top secret. Were they perhaps spying on them?

The C3's gotta up their security if that was the case. The Servamps were a pretty hot and popular topic to get a lead on after all so if the C3 didn't improve their security then who knows what kind of danger may start to target them—

Hold up.

He was starting to worry about them again as if he was still part of their team.

There was no point to it. The Servamps were strong and could handle stuff on their own— much more than he could ever. He had to remind himself that this job was a one time thing and he didn't have to care about them after it was done.

He gave out a deep exhale at his antics. His old housewife and caring attitude was coming out again and he didn't like it one bit. They were his enemies in the war, a war he felt like his own soldiers were revolting and deflecting to the other side one by one—

"Shiro? You there?"

He gave out an embarrassing soft shriek as Lily's face suddenly came into his point of view with a curious gaze and he staggered back to reclaim some distance. Lily's head tilted at his behavior, wondering what had happened to him.

Mahiru hastily went ahead and put his aviators back on, trying to fight back and push down the blossoming heat on his cheeks from realising what kind of noise he gave just now. He could feel his ego and pride crippling apart piece by piece and it sent him into a frenzy.

His mind and heart will never live this down, plus the Licht and Hyde fiasco a while ago.

"L-Lily-San... please give me a heads up next time when you decide to stand in my face," He stuttered slightly as he tried to regain his composure and every second that ticked by was a fatal stab to his ego and pride.

Lily's confusion only merely skyrocketed and it was all the ever obvious on his face, sending a depressed sigh from the disguised brunette himself.

"You know what, nevermind," Mahiru discarded the topic as he swished his hand up and down in a manner that told everyone that he would like to move on.

Lily took that as a cue to not overstep his boundaries and gave him a short smile to tell him that he acknowledged that. Mahiru gave an appreciative sound to him, thanking Lily for his manners and wished the others in the C3 were just like him in terms of behavior.

'If it was that convenient, we wouldn't have rooms exploding left and right every month,' he grumbled as he recalled the number of times Tsurugi and Yumikage almost gave him a heart attack by giving him a near-death experience just by being left unsupervised.

Someone sane should really always be with them at all times— thank God he's got Junichiro stuck with them.

"You looked deep in thoughts so that's why I decided to come over to you. Something bothering you, Shiro?" Lily's calm and soothing voice entered his mind and he could feel his guard drop a little just by his presence. What a terrifying thing the Servamp of Lust could do just by mannerisms.

This is why they need to teach manners in school everyday effectively— if they did then the world would definitely be a nicer place. The way schools teach it by punishments and not rewards was obviously not effective.

This was why bullies and people like Donald Trump still exist.

Mahiru sighed as he shook his head lightly,"It's... nothing. Just thought I saw something that I shouldn't have seen. Something that may be super troublesome or super helpful in the future."