Unmotivated

"Fuck, it's a tie." Mina curses.
"But the match will end soon. If it stays like that Bakugou will be pissed." Eijiro mumbles.
"They're gonna lose."
"Denkii." Mina and Eijiro gasp and hit him on the head.
"Ow."
"Believe in him."
"Of course I believe in him but Bakugou's not responsible for the whole team."
"Shut up."
"Hanta doesn't say anything that means he thinks the same."
"I don't think anything actually." Sero says unbothered from the outside. He's just as worried as his friends. He doesn't know if they're gonna lose but a tie is also like a loss for Bakugou.
"The defense is better than in the first half it's over they're not-"
"Denks." Sero interrupts his friend and lays his arm over his shoulder and whispers, "I'm not saying that your points are illogical. I'm just saying that Eij and Mina will beat you up if you don't shut up."
"Hmpf. Fine." He says and gives his other two friends an apologetic glance.
They all turn their faces to the match again and are faced with horror. The opposite team is near on making a goal. Bakugou's team runs for their life to block them but he's a dribbling master as Denki calls him. He shoots and it seems like everything is in slow motion.
He makes a goal.
The winning team begins to roar and celebrate while Bakugou's team jumps on Bakugou, the captain, to comfort him.
"Oh no." Eijiro mumbles.
"That's your fault, Denki." Mina screams.
"As always."
"You always have this bad spirit around you."
"Ok." Denki agrees unbothered.
They always put the fault on him. Well at least if they lose because Bakugou's team is actually really good but their opponents are too good for now. Denki believes that they will catch up to them but for now they need more training.
Bakugou gives his teammates a little speech but the people on the bleachers can't hear obviously. But we can see that the teammates are really touched by their captain's words. He's a good captain. The team is like a family and they all believe in each other. Someone starts fully crying and clutches on Bakugou like a little child. Bakugou pats his head and goes on stroking his hair while he still talks with the team.
Suddenly Bakugou bows down with his head on the grass as if he's apologising or asking them for forgiveness and that's the moment a water fountain shoots of every boy's and a girl's eyes. There's no girl club in the school so Bakugou talked with the teachers and all and they finally accepted to welcome her to the boy team.
"Bakugou-san" "Bakugou-chan" "Bakugou-senpai." Is screamed all over the field. They all embrace each other, Bakugou in the middle of the mess.
"I love this team." Mina mumbles dreamily. Everyone does. Everyone is important in this team, nobody is left out.
When they all calm down finally Bakugou makes a sign with his hands that they can leave. They look uncomfortable to just leave him there like that but he seems to assure them and then they go.
"What's he doing?" Mina mumbles worried.
They observe Bakugou. He's spreaded out on the field just looking up to the sky.
"Calming down." Denki says.
"Calming down?" Mina asks confused. Maybe because Bakugou didn't even act angry as they envisioned.
"Yes." Sero says and gets up, "Come on." Sero tells them to go to his friend.

"Babe." Mina says, jumping on him to embrace him.
"That hurt." Bakugou mumbles but still wraps his arms around his best friend.
"You did good, babe." She says and kisses his cheek.
"Thanks, princess."
Sero observes Bakugou kind of proud of him, not because of the game but because he doesn't let his emotions fog his mind.
Mina gets off him and then Eijiro hugs Bakugou, whispering something in his ear while Bakugou just nods.
Bakugou looks up to Denki smiling slightly, "Tell me later what you thought." He says softly.
Denki's eyes begin glittering and then he nods quickly.
Sero chuckles because of Denki's reaction. Every time when Denki tried to tell Bakugou what he thought of the match -either win or loss- Bakugou would cut him off. Sero told him that Denki would actually be a great help to analyse the players with him but he never wanted to listen.

"You can go home. Thanks for coming. I'll meet you later. I have to shower."
"Ok, babe. Do you want us to prepare anything to eat?"
"No, thanks." Bakugou chuckles nervously.
"Shall we order something then? Damn." Kirishima rolls his eyes because Bakugou always acts so panicked if his friends talk about cooking or baking.
"I'm not hungry but y'all can I don't care, guys." Bakugou says, "See you later." He says and leaves the field.
"Do you think he's alright?" Kirishima asks.
"He's fine."
"You don't know that, Denki." Mina says.
"Sorry." He mumbles and puts his hands in his pockets.
"Don't be so mean." Sero says and lightly puts his arm around Denki, "Kats, is fine. He just needs some time. Let's go. I'm gonna stay here to drive him back."
They nod and make their way to the parking lot. They get into Kirishima's car and drive away. Sero goes back to the locker rooms. He waits outside for over twenty minutes. Why is he taking so long? He normally just takes ten minutes or something. Sero kicks himself off the wall and enters the locker room.
"Katsuki." He calls him as he doesn't see him anywhere but when he gets near the showers he hears water running but nothing else.
"Bud, are you in here? Can I come in?" Sero asks softly but there's no answer so he goes in nonetheless. Sero sighs softly as he sees Bakugou curled up in a corner, the water running over him. He's just in his boxers. So, Hanta turns the shower drain off and takes Bakugou's towel to put it around him.
He pulls him up off the floor and brings him to the benches in the locker room. He gently dries down Bakugou so that he doesn't catch a cold, puts the big towel around him like a blanket and sits down beside him.
"Kats, you did good. I'm proud of you." Sero says softly and lays his arm around Bakugou's shoulder.
"I didn't do shit." He mumbles looking into the distance.
"You lost once and you knew that they're strong. It was tight. You could've won."
"But I didn't."
"Don't lose your will to fight like that. If you don't do it for yourself, do it for the team because you're not alone."
"I'm not even a good captain."
"I'm sure they think otherwise, Kats."
"I just want to be good at something." Bakugou whispers desperately.
He has been feeling empty in his life. His friends bring him joy of course but he doesn't want to rely on other people to be happy about himself and his life. He does a lot. He trains to become a hero, he plays football, he even paints to the shock of a lot of people and he likes doing all of these things but he just doesn't have a passion in life. Something that keeps him up the night because he puts so much effort in it or something that could evoke thousand different emotions in him.
He feels sad.
He feels happy.
Disappointed often.
Yeah.
But it just doesn't fulfill him.
Sero embraces him fully now and gives him a kiss on the head, "You are good, Kats. You're good at a lot of things. You don't have to be perfect. It would be boring if you were actually."
Bakugou inhales and then exhales deeply, "I don't wanna go home."
"Why is that?"
"I don't want to see Mina and Eijiro."
Sero furrows his eyebrows, confused, because these are the two he's closest with, "Do you want some space?" Sero eventually asks.
"I don't care about space. I- they just look so pitiful. I don't wanna see it."
"They just care about you."
"Does that mean you and Denki don't?"
"We care. Everyone just copes differently. But it's fine I guess. Where do you want to go instead?"
"I want to talk with Denki about the game."
"Uhm ok. I'm gonna call them but you gotta talk with Mina and Eij at least or they will be hurt."
"Ok." Bakugou sighs, "Is Denki really good though?"
"He is and if you don't think so he can at least take your mind off some things."
"Hm, I guess."
"Get up and wear your clothes."
Sero pats Bakugou's back and stands up.
Bakugou stands up slowly and wears his hoodie while Sero leaves him some space to change.
"I finished." Sero hears Bakugou mumble behind him.
"Ok, let's-"
"Hanta."
Sero stops in his tracks and turns around, "Yeah?"
"Can you uhm...can you-"
"Just say it. I'll do it. What do you want?" Sero asks softly and doesn't show his confusion because he sees Bakugou visibly blushing.
"Can you *mumble*...?"
"What? I didn't hear, Kats." Sero says and steps closer to Bakugou.
"Can you hold me?" Bakugou whispers, not looking him into the eyes.
"Hug you? Uhm yeah." Sero says and puts his arms around his friend. They both feel a bit uncomfortable first but it lays down and Bakugou wraps his arms around Sero's waist. He's a lot smaller than Sero. Actually Sero is the tallest of their friends group. His growth spurt happened in the time they were 14 to 15 before that Bakugou was taller even if it was just some inches.
"You're gonna be fine, Kats."
"I'm not that sure."
"I promise you will."
Bakugou can't say anything. In the state he is now he can't believe that he'll find happiness some day. It just doesn't feel like it.
He buries his head into Sero's chest and inhales and exhales softly. Sero looks down on him and slowly moves his hand to stroke the blonde hair. As a result of that Bakugou sighs pleasantly but quietly.

He didn't know this side of Bakugou at all. He sees him hugging Mina but he thought it's just because he feels so protective of her. Eijiro is more like Denki with him. They like being held and all but they're really clingy so Sero thought Bakugou just became used to it.
Bakugou would probably agree when Sero would ask him if that's accurate. He's used to it but Bakugou could hug or cuddle with anyone if he feels comfortable with them. Eijiro is sometimes a lot but that's fine.
With Sero it's different though. He doesn't necessarily feel like that Sero needs his protection but in contrast to his other friends Bakugou feels like Sero could protect him any minute which is why he feels more vulnerable with him. He didn't show him of course because Sero and him where from the childhood on very competitive and always tried to show who holds more power in them. It's also not like that Bakugou had to suppress his need to call Hanta in order to hug him because he also came used to their relationship but in some rare moments he just needed Sero. Mina or Eijiro aren't sufficient sometimes he doesn't know why because he loves them but he always had the feeling that Sero would just understand what he's going through. And he likes that Sero doesn't say much when he feels or sees that Bakugou just needs someone by his side and can't talk for the moment.
He still never called Sero though. When he feels anxious in the night or his insomnia is kicking in he just stays awake. But there are also other days where Sero already noticed from the day that Bakugou isn't feeling alright and he would check up on him on his own. They don't cuddle or anything. Sero just stays there, talking with him until Bakugou's anxiety lays down. The only sign of physical affection between them was Sero patting Bakugou's head or rubbing his back.

*a lil bit after they called the other three friends and told them that Bakugou wants to hang with Kami

"Hanta!" Denki shouts as he sees his friend and runs to the both of them.
"Hey, Bakugou. Did you cry?" Kaminari asks curiously and checks up his friend.
"W-what no."
"Oh ok. Good then." Kaminari grins, his whole face lightning up again and proceeds to jump on Sero.
"Why do you leave me alone like that? I missed you. Did you miss me? God. You never say that to me. You're so rude. I swear." Kaminari rumbles.
"I didn't even have the chance to say it back, Denks."
"I'm not talking about today, idiot. Bakugou, did you ever hear him say that he misses anyone?"
Kaminari turns his head around.
"To be honest, no. But you shouldn't care he's a fucking robot."
"Damn, you're right. A shame that I still love him."
"A shame." Sero mumbles nonchalantly.
"Bitch, fuck you." Kaminari jumps off Sero, "I gave you a chance again. Let's go, pomeranian." He says to leave with Bakugou.
"I told you not to call me like that." Bakugou says angrily and puts Kaminari in a headlock.
"Auu, let me go."
"Don't call me like that."
"Kats, please don't kill him. He'll get on your nerves more than you can count but please let him live."
"I'm not getting on anyone's nerves." Kaminari grumbles.
"You are." Bakugou and Sero say simultaneously.
"Whatever."
"Bye, guys." Sero sighs and turns around.
"Aha. So you gon leave me like that again?"
"You are aggravating." Hanta sighs exasperated and turns around again.
"I specifically told you-" Kaminari starts and puts one hand on his hip, "That I always want proper goodbyes."
"Didn't I say bye?"
"Didn't I say bye?" Kaminari mimics him.
Sero sighs once again. A trademark of his. He steps closer to Kaminari and hugs him tightly, lifting him up off the floor. Kaminari directly wraps his arms and legs around the tall guy.
"Denki, no..." Sero sighs heavily because he knows that it will take some minutes to get him off.
"I'm gonna miss you a lot."
"I got it. You're gonna miss me."
"Yes!" Kaminari says and cups Hanta's face in his hands, "So pick us up again because I wanna see you."
"Are you for real?"
"Pick us up." He just repeats.
"Alright."
"Yey. I love you. See you later." Kaminari says happily and gives Sero a kiss on the cheek and hops off again.
"See you later." Hanta says and gives him a kiss on the forehead to please his small friend a little.
"See you later, Kats." Hanta says and pats his head.
"Later." Bakugou says slowly because of his confusion.
Are they together? He knew that Kaminari is clingy and is closest with Sero but he never witnessed Kaminari acting like a little angry girlfriend.