41.

THEO

"Theo they have copied almost every data from your phone except this picture. Why would they leave it if this is the most essential thing among all!" Erick said, after going through further deep in his search.

"I don't know." My mind went blank I couldn't think of anything.

"If you ask me Theo, I don't think they have this information. They might have a bug among their people because whoever did the hacking surely hide this information." Erick analytically explained.

"Why would you say that?" I perplexed.

"Because if they knew who you were they might already have the idea you stole those papers, and they must have taken some actions against you like abducting you or anything even worse. Madeline was pissed at you for lying and beating her brother and when she might found out about you having details and records of police reports of this man, this would be enough reason to drive her crazy and post that video." Erick joined the dots and informed with logics and sense.

"Jackson said they want to know enough about you. This would be the enough already, and I'm pretty positive that they don't know you're the son of Davis Olsen, heir of half of the illegal business mentioned in these papers." Whatever he was saying did make sense. I could now think about those and I also could agree somewhere that he was right.

"So aren't they suspicious about me?"

"They definitely must be. They try to find out everything about you. Who you are? Your family? Your past? Everything. But it doesn't seem like they know much about you." Erick elaborated but I was yet not so sure.

"It is still a wild guess isn't it?" I asked.

"Yea, well it is." He replied.

"You can do one thing. Once your mother will return, confront her. Asked her about these. Be transparent and ask her about this Vincent Gilbert. You don't need to show her the papers but you should ask her and tell her everything you know too. It would be for your safety." Erick suggested and as much I wanted to agree with him, I didn't know how to talk to my mom about everything. It was just hard for me.

"Alright. I'll see." I muttered.

"Don't stress about it, give it a rest until your mom comes back." He sighed, he did further digging for any sort of unwanted chip they implanted for tracking and leaking the data to them. He found a program installed in the phone which was not visible frankly in the system, Erick tracked it and removed it from the phone. And erased the data he just copied from the phone in the end.

He quietly shut down his laptop. After few discussions he departed.

Later in the evening, it was quiet, cold and jittery sort of environment. Fin went to bed and I was too worried and restless so I stayed in living room for change. But it was not too impactful because I just realized the next day was the Memorial day and I wasn't not allowed to visit.

It ached deep inside. Everything seemed to be falling apart and I had no one else to blame but myself. These thoughts wrecked my nerves and as I shut my eyes everything portrayed like movie front of my closed eyes, and later I felt warm sensation dripping from the corner of my eyes. I couldn't help but embrace it all.

_________________

CLARA

The day has arrived.

Nineteenth of October. The day I lost half of my life.

Around this time of the year, I never got used to memorial ceremony, I always walked behind my mother for comfort. I tried to live in denial and my heart was never been capable of bidding the last goodbye.