28.

THEO.

My mind went numb. I failed to understand what this could possibly mean? What my dad's name was doing in that partnership contract anyway? Why would he do anything like that dangerous? But he was a jerk I  reminded myself. But still, I thought. The contract papers were ridiculously old as if it were made and signed, over a decade ago and now no longer in validation. However it seemed like they were keeping there protected, clean and away from danger. But that house didn't seem so much of a safe place. Yet who would possibly think these were here? Who in particular that house belonged to and who was the other guy in the partnership agreement? Countless questions were urging in my head but all I knew that it was not the right time to stand and think of this. I had very less time with me so I carefully tugged all the papers with my father's name and signature on it, inside my jeans.

I was yet not over with the shock but I had to find Bailey. That should be my main concern, I told myself. I check every possible place in the house. Except the main hall but they surely didn't have him there because I heard the hoot and laughter like they were having a party. Or they've got a party to bully, George.

Furthermore across the staircase, there was an entrance that opened into the underground basement.

I quickly made my way towards there. The basement was surprisingly dim. The place was petrifying. I found a thick wooden door. Which had a little peep hole on it. I looked through it inside and finally I found him. I saw Bailey lying there completely disoriented and all tied up on the ground, unconscious.

Now all I had to do was to wait. Wait for them to bring George.

I heard abrupt footsteps of few people approaching closer in basement. I dodged onto the other side to the room. Hide myself somehow behind the pillar that were holding the stairs.

"You've made a mistake showing up here." I heard someone with raspy voice with thick accent said. I sneak a look and noticed a guy with dark hairs and tall figure holding George.

"Fuck you!" Said George. I recognised his voice but his condition was horrible. What the heck I made him do! I feel a pang of guilt rise in me. It was like my heart dropped in my stomach.

"You've asked for it dickhead!" I heard a familiar voice, then Madeline joined the conversation. She was there it made me infuriated. She might left the cafe immediately after I was gone.

"Shut up Madeline! He didn't ask me to fight!" Said the tall, dark haired guy. "It is your doing."

"Oh are you falling in love Jackson!" Said Madeline. Hitting him mockingly on his face.

"Oh cut the bullshit" Jackson snorted.

They threw George inside the basement room.

"He was my friend. I introduced him into all of this mess. Now whatever he's going through it's my fault! But you can't understand it Maddy, you never had friends. How would you know?" Jackson infuriated. Hurt was laced in his voice.

"You will pay brother when father will find out, you bought this filth into our business." Madeline said dangerously like she was spilling venom.

"Ouch! That hurt!" Jackson chuckled darkly. "As if I care!"

"Just lock the fucking door and join me in the hall. We couldn't complete the meeting we were having. That is the most important shit right now. Only if you wanna go homeless or dead then feel free to help your oldy-old friend." She roared,"I know big brother you would definitely bodge and could burn everything down to hell. But keep it in your head you won't come out of that fire alive either. I'll make sure of it." She whispered viciously and left the basement in full .

"I know, I won't." Jackson chuckled painfully to himself.

He didn't leave immediately.

"I know what you're upto George. This is all I could do for you." Jackson locked the door but then what he did astonished me. He dropped the keys on the floor before leaving the basement.

As soon as he left I rushed towards the keys and unlocked the door instantly.

"I'm so sorry George, I shou-" George didn't let me finish the sentence, and said,"It's fine, anything for Bailey. We need to get out of here. We found him now we should be get going. Let's go." George said nonetheless something was off in his tone.

I chose not to scratch the matter that moment. Something was off between George and that Jackson. I sensed that.

We untied Bailey and picked him up then moved forward quickly.

"Listen, you handle Bailey and I cover the path." I told George.

We moved out of the basement, found no one's around. Quietly we moved forward to the back door. And the guy I hit earlier was not there anymore. He must be awake by now a joined the another guy who went out looking for the noise I made for distraction. Or that another guy picked him up and took him to the main hall informed them that something's seriously wrong.

Judging by the silence, it seemed like we didn't have much time. I picked Bailey on my shoulders then me and George ran for our lives.

As we left the house, I heard footsteps rushing at us.

They knew, we escaped.

___

We hurriedly get inside the car. Carefully lie Bailey down at the seat. I hopped in the driver's seat and George got in at the backseat helping Bailey.

I drove off instantaneously where to I've yet not decided. I took a quick glance at time, it was quarter to six already. We barely had two hours left to execute my ultimate plan.

But George didn't know that plan yet. And I didn't know how he would take it if I spill the beans.

"Where are we going exactly?" George asked out of the blue, knocking me out of my thoughts.

"Right now dodging them, and making them lose their target. Us." I replied quietly. Still thinking about the plan and where to go right now exactly.

Then a mild thought came across. It would seem legit to go there and they could never guess it even in their wildest dreams that we were staying there. Because you can't dream of what you don't know.

The only problem was, if the person whose place I was thinking of visiting uninvited, should be home alone.

After driving into lost directions for them to hit dead end, I sped off to the west Silver Hem, my area of the town.

I wished wholeheartedly it would not turn into a dead-end for us.

"I don't see them chasing us anymore." Informed George.

"Where are we heading to, now?" George asked looking at me in confusion.

"To the residence of my best mate, Erick, you'll like him!" I joked it off nervously, nonetheless I knew Erick would freak out seeing me doing all this.

I officially fucked my life.

_______________________________