A Warning

Three Week Later...

Metropolis West-Reeve School
9:04a.m.

{Damian}

             It seems like everything is back to normal ones again. I got used to my legs after a while, Jon and I are as close as ever, his house along with the other half of Metropolis has been fully mended, our parents went back to their lives which are their regular work and league business... which means Jon and I are back in school too.
             Selina came up to me a couple of days back to redeem her favor which was to help give her new house a complete makeover. She along with her many cats moved to a safer neighborhood which was also closer to the Manor. Jon and I were her assistant into moving the stuff from the moving truck, and going places to shop for new furniture.
             God, it was a tiring week... for me at least. My body is restless from all the lifting, painting, hammering, and so on. Jon didn't break a sweat because his powers assist him in every single task. In the end, her new house was finally done. I kept my word and now I owe her nothing.
             Just before the week of helping Selina, I got a video message from Mera. The usual small chat about how was everything going with me and her. The main topic was about her informing that all the previous siren who are like me -- human changed to sirens by a curse -- are now back to their human form, thanks to the spell. All they needed was the three magicians, blood from their family members and they're good to go. She recorded a video of all the sirens in their human form saying their gratitude together. Watching that video made me appreciate my family, even more, especially father. He stayed up many nights and chugged down so much caffeine and energy drink, to find a way to bring me back.
             Basically, everyone did a part. Even J. Though he never do anything major because he wasn't allowed to, he waited for me... like the legendary hero, Hachiko. Now, thanks to them, the other sirens are also back home to their friends and family. They saved so many lives and created many smiles.
             Today is my first day coming back to school after a while. Aside from the homework and assignments kept piling up from every class, nothings changed at all. Now it's recess time where the cafeteria is packed as always filled with all kinds of smell and loud chattering.
             Jon and I sat at a table at the corner of the cafeteria where it's less... annoying. He bought himself a bowl of ramen and I got myself an onigiri. I guess we're both cravings for Asian delicacies today.
             "So, did your parents sell the ruby or used it as decor?" I ask.
             "We flew to Japan and sold it to a jeweler named Richard Ranasinghe De Vulpian in a jewelry shop called Etranger." He said while chewing.
             "That's a mouthful," I replied. "Etranger... as in Foreigner in French?"
             "Nice name."
             Not.
             "I know... but wow, he is one of the most beautiful human beings I've ever seen." He said in his fanboy tone. "Blue eyes, blonde hair--
             "So a dumb blonde?" I joke.
             "NO!" He quickly defended Richard. "I mean I don't know how smart is he but I do not want to judge."
             "He had a college student working part-time for him too. Seigi Nakata if I'm not mistaken."