Mera

Metropolis Hospital
4:19p.m.

{The League}

"What do you mean you can't anything about it?!" Batman clenched his fist in anger.
"Batman, I'm sorry but we don't have the ability to remove every single bit of the unwanted liquid in his body. No one in the medical industry does. We only removed the ones we can... other disturbance in his organs could cause serious consequences." The doctor explained.
"But for your son, Superman, he's gonna be just fine. No major damages caused. He should be up before the day ends." The doctor explains to the Man of Steel and his wife, Lois.
"Thank goodness..." Lois release tears of relief.
"What about my son?" The Dark Knight interrupted. "Now, we are confirmed that he's in a coma. The good news is, his heartbeat is stable and so is his body pressure." The doctor pause, allowing the nurse to take over.
"However, the bad news is, he's lost quite the amount of blood from his injuries... so, the chances of him waking up anytime soon is... very low." The nurse explained.
"No...." Batman loses his strength to stand and took a seat, burying his face in his hands.
Selina took a seat next to the Dark Knight and wrap her arm around his brood shoulders, giving him the comfort he needs.

Then....

"Move!" A feminine voice instructed from a distance, catching the attention of everyone in the room. "Batman! Arthur told me about Robin. I can help." The Queen of Atlantis stood before him, parting her red wet locks.

         "Mera?" Batman lift his head up

         "Mera?" Batman lift his head up. "I can drain out every single bit of unwanted waters in his body." Mera said. "How? The doctors tried. Even the League magicians had tried." Batman questioned the red haired Queen.
         "No offence but they're not an Atlantian." She stated. "Bring me to him." She instructed the doctor.
          The doctor and nurse led the heroes into the operating room where the Super Sons were resting.
         "Here they are." The doctor made way for the Queen to enter. Mera wasted no time as she walk over to the side of the bed where Damian lies. She floated her palm just a few inches over his face. She close her eyes, and took a deep breath.
"Come on." She wished. Her eyes began glowing bright blue. It wasn't long before tiny droplets of waters started rising up and out of Damian's body.
         "Almost there." She said.

        "Done" she said, exhaling in relief

        "Done" she said, exhaling in relief. Floating above her palm is ball of water, bigger than her fist. "Alright. It's out. He shoul-- wait..." the Queen got suspicious of the water she's holding.
        "Something's wrong." She said, observing the water. "What?!" Batman got worried.
        "These waters... doesn't... feel normal." She said. "There's something... in it." She continued. "What is it?" Nightwing ask.
        "I believe it's some kind of toxin... but not any toxin from your land... dark magic is definitely involved." She said.
        "The feeling of this... I think I've encountered this before... it was a really long time ago. I can't seem to remember it now." She said.
        "So what do we do?" Superman ask, for which the Queen didn't respond.
        "Wait..." her eyes widened with horror. She release the waters from her hand and turn to Robin's body ones again. This time, she held both her hands above his body and close her eyes.
        "I need to see the condition of his whole body." Her hands glowed as she slowly trace his body.
        "Oh no...." she said. "This is bad." She clench her teeth as she force her eyes open. She back away from the sleeping Robin and turn to face everyone.
       "Doctor, could you give us a minute." Mera politely request. "Certainly. Come on, Monica." The doctor and Nurse exit the room, leaving the heroes behind.
        "Bruce, the toxin wasn't just in water form... they're also in other forms... and they're all over his body." She said to the Dark Knight.
        "What do you mean..." Batman began to worry even more. "Only one way to find out... Zatanna." She eyed the mistress of magic. "Think you could make the toxin visible to the others?" The Queen ask. Zatanna walked and stood on the opposite side of the Queen.
        "I'll give it a try." She said. "If her spell works, and his body doesn't glow, he should be fine... but if he glows in blood red colour, the toxins are in him." She clarifies. Zatanna held her hands out and shut her eyes while the Queen remained unchanged.
       "Laever ruoy eurt ruoloc!" She spoke her incantation. Everybody waited patiently for the result.
        Damians body remained unchanged... or, maybe they assumed too soon. Zatanna spell worked and Damian's body now glows in the shade of blood red just as Mera said.
        Everyone in the room were stunned... especially Batman. The Queen and Magician removed their hands and the glow from his body faded away.
        Batman got to his knees and left his head hanging, releasing a tear from underneath his mask.
        "What's going to happen to him?" He ask. "I dont know." Mera replied, turning to face him while crossing her arms. "But for now, he seems to be fine. So, let's just give him some time to wake up first.... maybe, maybe... the toxin will just go away when he wakes up." She convince, looking at the Robin over her shoulder.
        "Maybe." She said under her breath.
"But until then, Arthur and I will find out more about this, toxin... as well as the cure for it. I'm positive there should be a cure for this." She said, walking towards Batman, giving him a hand. Batman accepted her hand and got to his feets.
        "Please, do it quick." He said to the Queen, making his sad red eyes visible to the Queen. "I will." Mera place her hand on his shoulder.