Hope

Meters Under the Sea
Daylight

{Damian}

~Good Morning Kent~

It's kinda lucky how Iruka is here. I could use her knowledge of being a sea creature. When our the introduction was done, we decided to leave the cave and start heading towards the warmer side of the
sea. In other words, where there are other Merfolks and creatures lives.
         Right now, our tails have been moving for almost two hours, yet to spot any other lifeforms but corals and seaweeds,
corals and seaweeds, and... corals and seaweeds. Maybe it's because we're swimming through the caves instead of outside of them.
          "Hey you sure we're suppose to be swimming through the caves instead
of outside them?" I ask.
          "Yup, pretty sure. Why'd you
ask?" She replied.
          "Because we can't see anything
behind these walls. What if we have already passed them without even noticing?" I start swimming slower. "These caves are
beautiful, don't get me wrong but... isn't it better if we swam outside them?" I said.
          "Oh trust me... there are lives behind these walls, but they are the kind you'd wanna swim in to." She assured.
          "Why?" I ask.
          "They're not the lives we are looking for. We are looking for other sea creatures... but the only thing you'll find out there are humans with their nets and pointy corals."
She said. "Through time, many creatures have been caught by their nets. Many, had lost their family and loved ones to those monsters." She said sadly.
           I had no idea cruelty exist under the sea as it does on the surface. I didn't know the word family even existed down here. Looking at Iruka, made me wonder about something. Her family.
           "Have you... lost any creature?" I felt the need to ask judging from the tone she used earlier. It took her a while to respond.
          "My parents." she smiled sadly.
          "They got caught in the net and was pulled towards the surface before I could get to them." She scoffs.
            "Even if I did manage to get to them in time, what good can I do? I was very small and weak." She sighed. "But at least I could've send them my last Bubble Voice... where I say my goodbyes. But, I was
too late." She said.
          It's quite obvious that shes hiding her sorrows behind a smile and active voice. I don't know how do I see it in a dolphin but apparently, I do.
           "I'm sorry..." I said.
           "Nahh it's fine. It's all in the past." She
smiled.
            "Still you mourn when you talk about them... don't you." I said.
           Her eyes met mine, and slowly moves
away.
            "Yes..." she said.
            I felt her pain. It reminded me of the time when Jon was in the hospital, out cold.
Only, Jon made it back.
            "It's okay, I know the feeling." I
said.
            "Do you..." she said, avoiding eye contact.
            "Yes. I nearly lost someone very much close to me." I said.
           "You nearly lost someone... I lost, mine." She said.
           "Yes but I know what that feels like..." I spoke out, hoping she hears me out.
           "The feeling where your whole world has lost its light. Where life no longer has meaning and you just want to end your own because you can't take the painful memories anymore." I realized that I had to swallow a sob, but I can't see or feel my tears.
           "I wanted to end mine... there were many opportunities for me to get caught in the human's nets." She faced
me. "But, every time I see their boats passing over my fin, I get scared, so scared. That just makes me a coward." She said.
           "No..." I let out a sad chuckle. "It just means that there is still hope for you." I said.
           "Oh, yea? Well, I don't see it." She said in a cold tone.
            "You can't see it because it's not here. You gotta find it, Iruka." I said.
            "I've been alone and afraid for a very long time... and nothing has changed. What makes you think that there is still hope for me." She said.
           "I know there is." I stop swimming and slowly sank to the seabed. My bottom lands on a small rock as I watch
Iruka swims down towards me.
           "Everyone deserves a second chance to make things right in their life. We only think we are left with nothing because we are too lazy to search for it." I ran my fingers through my hair just for fun. "I never found my second chance at first because well... I didn't think I had one. So I remained how I am... or maybe I just got worse." Out of no where, I cracked a smiled. "Until a bright light came into my life." I chuckle. "You know, you remind me of my old self. I used to be like you... long ago. I didn't believe in things such as hope and faith and love."
           "Many humans tried to make me believe in it but none of them succeed." I said. "Until I met... him." I chuckle. "Well, even he took a long time to make me
believe. But the difference between him and the others is that, he showed me that there is such a thing as hope. While others just use their words and passed on proclaims." I said.
            "How?" She voice sounding curious.
            "He saved my life... and put his in danger." I said. "Trust me, it was
a really stupid way to prove it but, in the end, he got his point out... and I got it too." My eyes travel to the mass of seaweed dancing next to me as I pluck a piece and start flashing back in time.
          "During his healing process, I was really messed up. I had trouble eating, sleeping, smiling and so much more, all because I'm afraid of losing him for good. But, along the way, I've met some good people who reminded me of his words."
          "I had no other options... no powers, no help, nothing to heal him... even a friend
of mine who does possess healing abilities couldn't heal him. So, I started to do what he always wanted me to... Have faith and hope." I came back to reality.
         "What's a hospital bed?" She asks.
         "It's... a place where people... or creatures, with injuries go to get their wounds or injuries treated." I said.
          "Oh... we have something like that here... but we just call it SeaBed." She put on her thinking look.
          "Uh-huh..." my grip loosen and the
seaweed was pulled by the sea current, swimming away.
           "Come on Damian... we're almost there." Iruka got up and started swimming... and so did I. We're back to swimming silently pass the wild seaweeds and corals of various shapes and sizes and species.
          "You know, you're a nice human Siren..." Iruka interrupted the silence.
           "Thanks... I guess." I said.
           "To be honest, you're the first human I've ever spoken to." She scoffs. "Ever since my parents, I never wanted to do anything with humans... regardless of their forms.
or even seeing them from miles away or visiting Atlantians." She said. "If you weren't a Siren, I'd probably wouldn't have followed you but now that I have, I'm so glad to have met a good human whom I can trust." She smiles at me. "Fins or legs, I'll
be your friend."
            "Not all humans are bad... it took me a while to learn that." I said. "I'm glad to have a partner under here while I'm stuck with this tail." I chuckle.
           We kept on swimming, letting our fins guide us... or rather, I'm letting Iruka guide the way. As we kept going, my scales began to feel the changes in the water temperature. In no time, it started to get warmer. I thought that was the only good news so far but I was wrong because soon, a beam of light began to shine through the darkness, catching my attention.

           "Are we

           "Are we... - "Yes, we're here." She finished my sentence. She began to swim faster towards the light and I follow. As we get closer, the light gets brighter and brighter. It came to the point where I couldn't keep my eyes open because it was
so bright. "Iruka?????" I yell her name but hear no response. I shut my eyes and kept swimming, hoping I wouldn't bump into anything, dangerous.
          "Whoa whoa slow down whirlpool." I bumped into Iruka who was laughing.
Through my eyelids, I noticed that the light has settled down to a much calmer brightness.
            "You can open your eyes now..." she said, which I'm assuming that she's floating next to me.
            "You sure?? I don't wanna end up blind while I'm under here..." I said. "I'm sure..." she placed her fin on my shoulder which gave me a sense of trust. My eyelids slowly open and in no time, it was opened wide.
"Welcome to the warmer side of the ocean Damian." She said, floating in front of me. The sight my eyes was taking was beyond beautiful. The sunlight was shining upon billions of sea lives. Various specifies of
fish-filled the open sea while corals and reef beneath us.

 Various specifies of fish-filled the open sea while corals and reef beneath us

           "In my life, I've never been happier to see colours before." I smile, glancing around the scenery.
           "You don't like colors?" Iruka asks. 
           "Not all... mostly light colours." I replied.
           "I see..." she said with a confused tone.
Through all these relieved feeling, I realized that we've finally found some lives to ask questions to. "Do you know anyon-- any creature here who could help us?"
I ask. She didn't respond at first. She was floating still, faced away from me.
           "Iruka?" I call out. She turns
to face me with a smirk as she held out her fin, which was pointing up. "I bet one of them can..." she said. My jaw dropped open the moment I saw what's above us.
There were many other mermaids swimming above us... together with some blue whales.
"Holy..."

Authors Note:Hey yll, I'm sorry that this story has been on a hold for too long

Authors Note:
Hey yll, I'm sorry that this story has been on a hold for too long. But don't worry, I promise to complete this story no matter what situation I'm having. Thank you for sticking around 🥰
Love Cyrus 💖