A Beautiful Reunion

Wayne Manor, Damian's Room
11:51p.m.

{Damian}

           It's official... I'm extremely exhausted.
           Right after Raven left, I proceeded to clean my room such as making the bed and keeping the books back on the shelf. Jon's bag remained on the single sofa to which I'll return it when I see him tomorrow. I would return his bag today if there was something important in it but there were only a few of his clothes and his phone... nope, not important for him. I should know. The small table next to the sofa was where my phone rests. I almost forgot about my phone's existence. I pick it up to see many unseen notifications and unread junk messages. Other than social media, I didn't miss a thing from my phone. The battery had only one percent left which I plug the charger and kept it back on the table.
           I then head back to my desk and pulled out the pouch from my pocket. I kept the ruby necklace, along with the balance ruby and amethyst on the desk so I'll remember to bring it along with me when I see Jon tomorrow.
           Then I head on to take a bath. God, after being a siren, the shower felt so much different when it rains on me. It didn't take me long to start daydreaming of my time in the sea. It feels good to use soap and shampoo again. After days of soaking in saltwater, my skin could definitely use some lavender-scented body wash.
           After taking my time in the shower, I wiped myself dry and put on some clothes of my own from the closet. While putting them on, my stomach starts to rumble which reminded me about what Raven mentioned earlier that Alfred was preparing dinner. After getting ready, -- by getting ready, I mean putting on a simple black t-shirt and shorts -- I took my phone, slide it down my pocket and made my way out of the room, heading down to the kitchen.
           When I reached the kitchen, my heart skipped a beat when so many crackers exploded towards my direction, landing on me. "WELCOME BACK, DAMIAN!" Everyone in the kitchen shouted while clapping. Kori, Beast Boy, Beetle, Raven, Selina, Harley, Dick, Jason, Alfred, Tim, and father. Many of them are here but... the one person I truly want to see isn't. Where is Jon? I thought maybe he would attend this dinner since social gathering is his thing.
           Then I started thinking. Hasn't he gotten the news that I'm back? Surely someone must have spread the news like Zatanna, Dick, Raven, or even Monica. Or, maybe he just doesn't want to see me.
           No, that's just stupid. I've never seen him for nearly a month... there's no reason for him not to come and see me... or am I forgetting something?
           Anyways, I kept on a brave proud face and joined the others. Alfred prepared a feast. There are mac and cheese, pizza, fried goods, onigiri, tofu, ribs, and many more. Apparently, he requested everyone who's invited to suggest one of their favorite food. This way, everyone in the kitchen could have a good time with good food... and also explore other foods.
           That's nice of him huh?
           The dinner ended roughly after 3 hours because everyone and I mean, everyone... was bugging me to talk about my siren experience. So, after dinner was storytime, Siren Damian edition. Alfred bought sparkling juice and wine for everyone to sip while listening to my story.
           When I finished telling the story in a paraphrased version, it came to the end of tonight's celebration. Everyone left for their respective homes. Only then I asked Alfred about Jon. According to him, Jon left the manor yesterday noon and never returned. He had a strong belief as Raven that Jon has returned home since the other half of Metropolis was halfway done.
           But it still doesn't explain the fact why isn't he here? Or whether or not he knows that I'm back?
           I thanked Alfred for the information and also apologized for I'm way too tired to stay back and helped clean up the kitchen. But it's alright because father and my brother will help him out. I went back to my room, took a quick bath, put on some comfortable clothes, and just crash on the bed.
           Until now.
           It's past 10 pm. There's a full moon shining over Gotham City today.