A Dolphins Cry

527186 feet under the sea
Time - Unknown \ Darkness

{Damian}

            When I get to Atlantis, I would like to know why the hell did they hide the whole kingdom in a pit of darkness, thousands of feet from the surface. Why do they need to stay hidden when the whole world has already come to know the existence of Atlantians?!
            We've been swimming for hours and there is still nothing for miles away. There's only corals, rocks, dead corpse and remaining bones. I'm starting to think we may be lost. If we do not reach Atlantis in time, Iruka will run out of oxygen. I don't know how long exactly we have been down here but I do know that it has been quite a while.
            "You doing alright so far?" I ask Iruka.
            "Yeah, I can go on a little further." She said in a weak tone. "Don't worry, we will make it."
            "I know we will," I said. "I'm just worried about you. You can't stay down here for too long."
            "I know." She sighs. "Let's hope we get there in time."
            The further we swam, the more I began to sense changes in the waters. The freezing cold temperature remains the same but there's something else because my scales were not glistening anymore. I detect a familiar scent.
            "Iruka, do you sense something wrong with the waters?" I ask while looking around for signs of trouble.
            She didn't answer right away. All I heard was her dolphin cry. It was the first time I heard her dolphin voice.
            "You feel it too?" She asks.
            "Yes," I respond. "The waters contaminated with something... but I don't know what is it."
            "I swam through waters like this before." She said. "We're swimming in polluted water."
            "Polluted water?!" My eyes widened with horror.
            "Yes. According to the Atlantians, polluted oceans are caused by human activities." She said before releasing a dolphin cry again. "Reckless irresponsible humans throw dangerous stuff into the ocean, causing many creatures to suffer."
            "As for now, we're surrounded by daci... or as the humans called it, oil. There are many parts of the sea where a big metal digs into the seabed. Aquaman said their digging for oil... but what the humans don't know is that they've created a large hole in the seabed, ones they're done taking the oil, the remains will never stops flowing which ends up spreading throughout the sea."
            I realized her tone was getting weaker as she speaks... but also... angrier.
            "We've lost many turtles because they often mistook plastic as a jellyfish." She said. "They eat and the next thing you know, they die."
            "I'm well aware of sea pollution," I said. "On land, people take extreme measures to those who liter in the sea... but, the bad people always tops the good people."
            "That is why the sea gets worse and worse."
            I felt Iruka rising up from her position because my hand jerked.
            "Should we go back to the surf--
            "Now that I think about it." She cut me off. "My parents died because they were weak. Human waste made them tremendously weak. They consumed plastic, and soaked in acid...... on that day, we were swimming to Atlantis in hope to find some herbs from the king... but that's when the boat showed up and captured them."
            "My parents were too weak to swim out of the net before it trapped them."
            "Iruka?" I looked at her. Her expression was so pissed. But she also looks sad. I try to hold her close but she got up and swam behind him, towards the whale's tail. She lay there, not facing me.
            I heard her talking but I couldn't her words. She was speaking her dolphin language. If I had to guess why am I hearing her dolphin voice instead of her words like listening to a faulty radio, I have to say the waters around us are making us weak... just like how it made her parents.
            "Tell me." She said after a while. "Are you one of those humans who pollute our home?"
            And right then, I knew without a doubt that she was angry. Her tone sounded stern and emotionless.
            "I don't know," I said.
            "What's that suppose to mean." She replied.
            "I rarely go to sea when I'm human," I said. "But I know people who still do this."
            "Humans..." She said under her breath. "I'm starting to think what you said earlier was right... that humans are bad... there is no such thing as good people..."
            "Hey hold on, I never said there are no good people at all." I confronted her. "I just said there's--
            "The majority of people are bad right?" She finished my words.
            "Still... when one human helps another to destroy the sea, it multiply quickly as how a guppy gives birth to a lot of guppies." She said. "All humans are the same."
            "What was I thinking... believing you that there are good people... after polluting our homes, killing many of us, covering the seas with our blood..."
            "How can you blame the humans for killing your kind when the sea has killed many of them as well?!" I'm starting to get pissed. "Sirens lure innocent people into their deaths, there was news of huge fishes such as sharks that has attacked random people on the beach -- young people!! -- the sea as we called it, the Bermuda Triangle, still drags down airplanes and so many more!"
            "If you ask me, I'd say we're equal here!"
            "You're right... we seemed equal... but you forgot one thing." She said. "Your kind destroys our homes!"
            "Our only homes! How often do you see a creature from the sea coming to land and destroying it?"
            "I... I--
            "Exactly." She said as she sighs. "I need to go."
            "Wait, where?!" I ask before she got up, preparing to swim away.
            "Probably towards the surface... after that, I don't know." She said without facing me. "I'm afraid I can't be near you for a while."
            "Iruka... Please..." I'm trying to say something but the words just wouldn't form. I kept pushing because I didn't want her to leave. It's too dangerous to swim alone in these areas. For the both of us.
            "I'm sorry." She said with grief in her voice. "Anyways, the power of the herb is wearing off. I need all my strength to make it out of this place."
            "Iruka!" I called out to her... but it was too late. She started swimming away. Due to the far surrounding, she disappeared from my sight very quickly.
            "Whale, stop!" I kept tapping the whale to stop swimming. "Stop!"
            No matter how many times I kept tapping her, slapping her with my tail, she doesn't stop. I don't think she felt my force. It's like slapping a hard rock... it can't feel anything.
            I got off her and swam next to her eye. When she caught sight of me, she stopped... but from her communication song, she didn't know what I was asking her.
            Only Iruka knows how to communicate with her.
            Unfortunately, I can't.
            Her eyes looked more confused than I first asked. I gave up asking her and looked around, hoping to catch sight of Iruka around.
            It's so dark here. There's nothing around.
            Nothing but us.
            Suddenly I felt as if my heart was stabbed... the feeling of being left alone struck and I felt hurt. I lean against the whale and cross my arms as if im feeling cold.
            "Iruka... I hope you make it out safely." I said, swallowing a sob. "I hope to see you again after all this is over."
            "I hope you can forgive me."
            It seems like the longer I stay here, the longer I start feeling scared. This place just doesn't feel right... not to mention we're swimming in polluted water. If we do not get out of here quickly, there's a high chance of us suffocating to death.
            I took one last glance at my surroundings.
            She's still nowhere to be seen.
            "Come on, girl," I said as I make a continue on gesture in front of the whale's eye. I then swam above her and lay down my tail.
            Then, she took off.
            "Please... I hope you can reach Atlantis soon." I patted the whale. "It's not safe out here."

After a long while...

            Is there even a point of asking her if we're about to reach or not? No, because she couldn't understand me and I her.
            I'm laying on my stomach with my tail up. I tap her with my tail twice and like before, no response or curiosity movements.
            I cross my arms in front of me and bury face in it.
            It's been a while since Iruka left. I'm starting to miss her. Her words "I'm afraid I can't be near you for a while" kept running in my mind.
            Usually, I'm often ready to accept people's rejection of me. But this is the first time I've never been prepared to be rejected. The first time I let my guard down was for a dolphin.
            Not even Jon. When we first met, my guard was always ready. But he accepted me after a while. After all the fights, childish acts, misunderstandings, etc.
            Maybe as a Siren, I've forgotten about my guard because I needed all the help I could get. Unfortunately, in the end, I screwed up.
            Nothing new really.
            Now that I think about it, what does the gateway to Atlantis looks like? Because if it's bright and lively, it's sure not around for miles away. Is it protected by a force field camouflaged as the darkness around it?

Another long while later...

            Maybe we should head back up to the surface and find another way to Atlantis because im starting to lose hope.
            We've been swimming in polluted water for too long now. My only concern goes to the whale. I don't want her to feel any bad effect from the waters and cause her trouble. After all, her calf is waiting for her somewhere after Atlantis.
            "Damian..."
            From behind us, I heard something called my name which shocked me to the point I got up and started looking around. Even with my night visions, I see nothing.
            I know it wasn't Iruka because, for the past days, all I've been hearing is her voice. I know what her voice sounds like.
            "Over here..."
            I heard it again but this time, it came from above me. I looked up to see nothing but darkness.
            I swore I heard something.
            Am I hallucinating because of the polluted waters?
            "No, here."
            And again I heard it.
            "Who's there?!" I got up and shouted. I held out my talons as a defense. As if it's going to do any good.
            "It has been so many years since we met, Damian Wayne." It said. "I don't think you'll recognize me."
            Its voice sounds like a male. His voice echoes everything he speaks.
            "Show yourself you coward!" I look around.
            "Scared?" It asked.
            "No!" I immediately said. "Why should I be?!"
            "Because I can hear your heartbeat." It said. "It's beating so fast... a sign of fear."
            F*ck... this thing can hear my heart all the way from wherever he is?! Or is he very near that I just don't realize.
            I don't know what else to say to him to make him show himself... but then I recalled I have my song as a defense. I don't know what creature he is so I wouldn't know if it'll affect him.
            But now my song is my best chance of defense.
            "Last chance!" I warn it loudly. "Show yourself or I'm going to use my Siren song on you!"
            It started laughing slowly. An evil laugh. It had a very husky tone.
            "I'm afraid your song has no effect on me." It said. "We're both the same beings."
            "However, mine is more sinister."
            The more he talks, I can hear his voice clearly. He's getting nearer and nearer.
            "Same being..." I said under my breath. "Wait, are you a siren?"
            "Bingo." It said. I felt something approaching closer to me.
            I look out into the darkness. A bright purple light appeared in front of me. The light matches Raven's powers.
            The light started moving around. It floated past my shoulder, heading behind me.
            "Raven?" I said under my breath as I turn around.
            "No." He said.
            That's when I jumped. I nearly miss the whale but I quickly grabbed onto her tail. I got back up to see what made me jump.
            The purple light shined brighter and what stood behind it was another creature with a tail and upper body of a human. It is another siren. It's a male. He had dark hair like mine. His eyes glowed bright yellow and he has the tail and fins of a shark. His scales started glowing which made the surroundings brighter.
            "Long time no see, Damian Al Ghul." He said. "Oh, my mistake... it's Damian Wayne now, isn't it?"
            "It's Damian Wayne!" I said with a brave voice. Even though im shaking on the inside. "Who the f*ck are you?! How do you know me?!"
            "It's me, Zayka Depth."