Welcome to Atlantis

Hours away from Atlantis
Warm Waters where Sunlight Shines
Time - Daylight

{Damian}

            Thankfully, Mera knows the way out of the dark zone. She left trails of light essences before she came to find me. So, we followed the trail out and now we're in the warm waters.
            It's comforting to see light after being in darkness for so long.

            We're swimming so close towards the surface that we could be easily spotted by flying objects above the waters

            We're swimming so close towards the surface that we could be easily spotted by flying objects above the waters. I've shared my concern to the Queen but she said it's safe so there's nothing to worry about. According to her, we're protected by a shield which blends in with the waters around us.
            We're currently on the warmer side of the sea where many creatures are present. There's fishes, eels, shellfishes, seals, sea plants, and many more.

            I kept looking around hoping to find one creature, Iruka

            I kept looking around hoping to find one creature, Iruka. But as far as I can see, there's not a single dolphin present in the water at the moment. We've been swimming for a while now, passing by many territories but still no sign of any dolphins. I started feeling worried, thinking that she may not have made it out safely and is injured somewhere.
            "Something on your mind?" Mera interrupted my thoughts. "You look... worried."
            "I'm just thinking," I replied.
            "Want to talk about it?" She asks. "Maybe I can help?"
            "Not really," I said. "Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions too soon."
            "I'll ask when I'm ready."
            "Okay." She said as she turns her head to face me. "You're good with your tail for a newbie."
            "You must've practiced a lot huh?"
            "Maybe," I said as I recall some flashbacks of Iruka and I learning the basic skills of a sea creature. "I learned from a friend."
            "A friend?" She asks. "As in, the dolphin you mentioned earlier?"
            "Yes," I said. "She's been a very big help since I came to the sea."
            "We owe her our gratitude for keeping you safe." She said. "And also for being a friend throughout this experience."
            "I hope she'll show up soon so we can meet her face to face."
            "I hope so too," I said under my breath.
            "I gotta say, you look beautiful as a siren." She laughs. "The turquoise shade of your tail, gills below your chest and neck, fins on your arms and back, and scales all over."
            "I can say without a doubt that you don't look like the average sirens in the sea. Most of them have eerie features and acts the way they look."
            "What do I look like then?" I ask seeing my hands. "When I see myself right now, I'm afraid of him."
            "You're a siren but somehow you look... normal." She said. "Maybe it has to do with your blood being half-human."
            "Maybe," I said.
            "Anyways, Zayka." She asks sternly. "Did he say where he lives or anything that could lead us to him?"
            "No... but he did brag that it was okay to tell you guys about him because no one has been able to find him for years," I said.
            "He's not wrong." She said. "It's like he just disappears into thin waters without leaving any sign or traces... and then suddenly appears back to cause problems."
            "I wouldn't be surprised that it was he who caused the recent tsunami in Metropolis."
            "If it was him, he better watch out," I said as I clenched my fist.
            "Look, I know he's the cause of your new form but if we do get a hold on Zayka, I want you to set aside your anger towards him because one wrong move, and we will lose him again." She said. "And we do not want that. He's caused one too many problems already, it's time to end this."
            "No promises," I said.
            "I'm serious, Damian." She said.
            "So am I," I replied. "But rest assured, I won't kill him if I get a hold on him."
            "Maybe a lot of torturing."
            "You'll get time to take revenge on him." She said. "But an advise from hero to hero, I wouldn't advise it."
            "Whatever." I ignored her words. "But, I have one question."
            "What is it?" She looked at me.
            "Is there a way for me to get my human self back?" I ask.
            "We found a way. By we I meant, Arthur, Batman, and I." She said. "But, we can't be sure if it'll work out fully or not."
            "But we want to give it a try anyway because who knows... maybe it'll work out."
            "If it doesn't?" I ask.
            "Then we will continue to find one." She said. "I'm pretty sure Batman isn't going to rest till he gets you back home safely."
            "It's Batman..." I recalled her. "Are you sure he's the type to care that much?"
            "Believe it or not, Batman is working harder than the rest of us into bringing you back. Well, it was he who found a way at the end."
            "He's Batman yes, but he's just like us, he has feelings and he loves his family... even if he doesn't show it."
            "He certainly doesn't show it directly." I thought to myself.
            "Now, back to Zayka, do you remember what exactly he told you back at the dark zone?" She asks.
            "Why?" I ask.
            "In Atlantis, there's an ancient artifact that helps us to see our memories." She said. "But, it only works if you really remembered the entire memory from A to Z."
            "Why don't we give it a try and see if it works?"
            "Sure," I said.
            "But, why do you need to see my memories?" I ask.
            "It might give us a clue or two on how we can catch him." She said.
            "You are aware that the siren transformation isn't reversible right?" I ask. "Zayka said he can't turn me back into a human even if he wants to."
            "I'm well aware that the siren transformation is a curse but not to worry, curses can be broken. One way or another." She said. "Either way, we need to detain him to put an end to all his mischievous acts."
            "Alright, let's see how it goes," I said.
            "Well, brace yourself." She said as she grabbed my hand and began diving deeper at a faster speed. "We're here."
            I wanted to ask her where is here, but then all I had to do was look down. We've finally reached Atlantis. There was no force field surrounding the city, nothing. It's widely open where humans could easily visit just by diving.