Too Sad To Cry

Wayne Manor, Tallest Room Roof
2:33a.m.

{Jonathan}

            Ever since I started high school, Damian and I gotten closer than before. We would often be busy with studies or having fun. So, we decided to stop our patrolling duty. I mean, I'd say I wouldn't miss it but at the same time, I would. I wouldn't miss it because we rarely get any bad disasters happening other than the normal thief pickpocket or bank robbers to which regular police officers could handle. I'll miss it because patrolling time was our bonding time. We'd bring our gadgets, snacks, speaker, and so on to enjoy while just looking down over the city lights. It was beautiful.
            But I guess we can do that anytime at any night.
            So yeah, I wouldn't miss it. Least now we can also have some sleep because going on patrol, sleeping at 2 to 3 in the morning, and waking up for the school the next day is quite a hassle and I am not a fan of it.
            Today was the same as the other days... nothing special, nothing new. Just me in the manor, visiting the library, using their pool, sleeping, and repeat. Trust me, this is like a dream to just do nothing but have fun and relax. But somehow this situation feels different. There's just no energy in me to do anything productive or to cheer myself up. I'm not exactly going through depression but in a way, I feel like I am. I want to cry but I can't... I want to do something productive but my mind always gets the best of me. I swear... can being a teenager be any harder than it already is? Teenage years are the times where we discover ourselves and more about the world and the people in it. But in the process of doing so, the world throws hundreds of challenges and brings us down to the point where we wished we didn't exist. Sure these challenges are meant to help us survive in the future but sometimes life can be very tough.
            The Bat-family had turned in for the night hours ago... well, except for Bruce because he's at the Watch Tower doing League business with pa.
            Right after dinner, I took a bath, put on my hoodie, and sat on the bed, contemplating life. This particular night felt very chilly which I why I wore my superboy hoodie. I sat on the bed and eventually lay down. Two hours passed and Im still unable to fall asleep.
            So, here I am, sitting on the roof of the tallest room in the major, with my legs hanging over the edge and resting my arms on the bars.
            Whenever I visit the manor, Damian and I would often come up here for no reason but to just get away from the housing environment. This may be the roof of the tallest room in the manor but it is not a spacious one. For it only fits four people maximum to lay over it.
            I've been staring at the city lights for a while now and I feel so empty. It looks beautiful but I just can't seem to enjoy it. The sky is empty tonight... no stars, no moon. Just darkness.
            The sky reflects my heart at the moment.
            Natures music filled the atmosphere. Crickets playing their music, soft chilly wind howling, distant city traffic, winds rustling, and so on.
           Then I heard the door behind me opening. I turn to see Dick Grayson coming out from it.
            "Hey," he said as he sticks half of his body from the side of the door. "Got room for one more?"
            "Sure," I said as I scoot over, making room for him. I noticed he was dressed in his nightclothes with usual shorts and a t-shirt. But he was wearing a jacket over his t-shirt.
            Maybe he knew that it gets very cold during this time of the night.
            He came out fully and closed the door behind him lightly. He then casually walked towards my direction and took a seat next to me. Instead of sitting in a position that I was in, he crossed his legs and sat up straight like a monk does while meditating.
            "Couldn't sleep?" I ask.
            "Not really." He said. "I was asleep but I woke up to get a glass of water from the kitchen... only to see you here from the window at this time."
            "I mean this in the nicest way but... why did you come here?" I ask. "Not that I don't want you here,  I'm just curious."
            "I thought maybe you'd like some company." He said as he met my eyes. "Jon, for the past few weeks, I noticed you weren't yourself and I know why you should feel that way but trust me... he is gonna come back."
            "Very soon."