Adults Talking

Gotham City
Wayne Manor
1:03p.m.

It was a stormy afternoon with loud thunders crashing and lightning flashing. The doorbell of manor rings to which led the butler to open the doors. When he does, stood in front of him was Lois and Clark, all soaked up in the rain.
          "Good afternoon, Alfred." Lois opened up. "Nice weather we're having huh?"
          "I wouldn't say that but if you say so," Alfred said. "Please, come in."
          Alfred made way for Superboy's parents to enter the manor. He shuts the door behind them and walks ahead while Clark and Lois hang their soaked raincoats on the coat stand.
          "Please, have a seat." The butler gestures towards the living hall. "I'll let Master Bruce know you're here."
          "I'll prepare some tea as well." He said. "Do you fancy earl gray, chai, rose, green or mint?"
          "Chai will do," Lois said.
          "Rose for me." Clark smile.
          "Coming up." Alfred walks away.
          "Thanks, Alfred," Clark said as he flew towards the living room... and landed on a sofa that was accompanied with fur pillows and sheets.
          He picks them up and hugs it tightly like a baby hugging a bolster.
          "Clark! Manners!" Lois whispered. "You're in someone's house.
          "Oh come on honey!" He looks at Lois with a set of puppy eyes. "This is the best part of coming to the manor. He has the best stuff here!"
          "I know he does but God you're more of a child than our son." Lois chuckled as she took a seat next to him. "Gimme that!"
          Lois snatched a fur pillow from Clark and placed it like a proper lady over her lap. Clark stared at her in confusion.
          "Really?" He asks.
          "Yes." She said in a fake snooty voice. "I am a lady and I shall behave like one... unlike someone." she teased him.
          "Yeah, I'm referring to you Mr. Blue tights." She laughed.
          "But... But--
          The sight of Batman standing in the corner of the living room interrupted the couples' childish behavior.
          "Hmm." Batman scowls. "It's acceptable if your son behaves like that... but it's annoying if you guys do it.
          "Oh, hey Bruce." Lois wave towards him. "Didn't see you over there."
          "Sorry about that Bruce." Clark scratches the back of his head and smiles in embarrassment.
          "So... to what do I owe the honor?" Bruce sits on a sofa facing the couple.
          "Nothing much," Lois said. "We thought of bringing Jon some things he might want if he's going to stay here for a while."
          "He is here isn't he?" Clark asks right after Lois stopped.
          "Yes, he's taking a nap in Damian's room." Bruce crosses his leg. "He came here around 5 in the morning unexpectedly. He helped me with a lot of heavy lifting chores."
          "Did he now?" Lois was impressed. "But why'd he came all the way here to work?
          "He's having trouble sleeping," Clark said.
          "He didn't tell me that," Lois said.
          "I guess you were asleep and he didn't wanna wake you," Clark said.
          "I see." Lois looks down and scoffs. "My boy... my sweet loving boy."
          "Anyways Bruce, I thought of taking Lois to stay in the Watch Tower while we mend Metropolis City. Though our apartment isn't part of the affected town, the water, as well as the electricity in our home, is affected."
          "It's hard to live without running water or wifi you know," Lois said. "Heck... I can't even cook for my boys."
          "I understand," Bruce said. "Do you want me to inform Jonathan about this? So that he can meet you guys when he wakes up."
          "About Jonathan, we're hoping if he could stay here with you guys," Clark said under his breath. "I know you're not exactly a person who likes guest but it's just Jonathan, and he's a good kid. He won't give you trouble while we're fixing the city."
          "Hopefully it won't be long."
          "I agree." Bruce smiled. "He is a good kid and I'll be glad to have him here."
          "Really?" Lois smiled happily. "That's great!"
          "So it's settled. Lois will stay in the Watch Tower while Jon stays here." Lois said. "We will call him every day to check up on him... and like I said earlier, hopefully mending the other side of Metropolis wouldn't take too long."
          "Pardon my intrusion." Alfred came into view, holding with him a tray of tea sets and scones. "I couldn't help but overheard your conversation that Jonathan is staying over is that correct?"
          "Indeed," Bruce said.
          "Jolly well." Alfred sets the tray on the coffee table. "I'll be sure to prepare the best meals for the young master."
          "That's very sweet of you, Alfred." Lois places her hand on Alfred's. "But you don't have to do that. Jonathan's not a fussy eater."
          "I know he isn't, madam." He places his other hand over hers. "But he's a part of this family so I shall do my part in making his stay comfortable."
          "Thank you, Alfred." Lois smile
          "Yes, thank you," Clark said as well. "Seems like we kept our trust for our boy in the right place."
          "Please, have some tea." Alfred raise a cup of chai tea towards Lois, and rose towards Clark and then earl gray for Bruce. "Help yourselves on the scones when you're ready.
          "Thank you." Bruce said.
          Alfred bows just before walking away.
          "Now, how have you been Bruce?" Lois starts off. "I mean, excluding the tragic event."

An hour later...

           "Seriously, I have no idea where he came from." The Man of Steel laughs. "One minute I'm talking to Damian about Jonathan's birthday surprise party, and the next, Jon was floating behind me."
           "Hmm... I wonder where he got the sly trick from?" Lois smirks while stares at Bruce.
           "I might have taught him a few tricks or two." Bruce said as he took a sip of his tea. "Sorry not sorry.
           "Nothing wrong with that. If it helps to keep him safe, why not." She said.
           "But seriously Bruce... how's my little boy doing?" Lois lightly place her cup of tea over her lap. "I don't know if he tells us everything but we do know he trust you guys with some stories."
           "He's fine Lois." Bruce insisted. "He just needs time to absorb this, complicated... situation."
           "Him and I both."
           "It happens when someone you care about is in deep trouble." Bruce said, as his eyes gaze towards the ruby gemstone over the fireplace. "Unfortunately for Jonathan, it's his first real heartbreak so he has to endure it in order to get through this."
           "I agree." Clark said.
           "I'm not used to seeing him like this." Lois said. "It makes me sad to see him sad.
           "Oh!" Lois's eyes shot up to meet Bruce's. "Forgive us... we've been so concerned about our Jon, we've forgot to ask about Damian."
           "Yes... any update?" Clark asks. "Did Arthur find out where he is?"
           "That's alright." He start off. "Mera... she hasn't found him exactly but she's close to his tracks." The Dark Knight said. "If it all goes well, he should be back anytime."
           "I hope so." Clark said.
           "Yes." Lois agrees.
           "Say... I was talking to Jonathan back when Damian's in the hospital." He hunches and holds his hands. "Without a doubt that he's an excellent company to have but I asked him about Damian's constant absence in the Manor and if he knows anything about it."
           "Why yes... Damian often visits our home to pay Jon a visit... sometimes even till dawn."
           "Yes, he mentioned that. I wanted to ask him a question but I didn't had a chance to because unfortunate mishaps took place.
           "What'd you wanted to ask?" Clark said.
           "Our sons are obviously very close with each other... too, close," Bruce said. "I'm beginning to think that they're more than just best friends."
           The room stayed silent for a moment. Lois had her jaw hanging while Clark had a thinking expression on.
           Bruce looked up and meet their eyes.
           "Do you guys feel that too?
           "Well... I do notice that they're extremely close to each other but... I've never thought of them being more than just friends before." Lois said. "No no..." She forces out a chuckle.
           "Jon isn't..." She looks down. "He couldn't be."
           "Lois?" Clark asks with concern.
           "Maybe I'm just observing a little too much," Bruce said. "Perhaps someday... we will know for sure."
            "Maybe."