Mariana Trench

1K Feet under the West of the Pacific Ocean
Daylight

{Damian}

"Wake up, Damian!" Iruka forced my eyelids open. "Wakey wakey little merman!"
          "What?" I force myself up. "Are we there yet?"
           I stretched my arms and wanted to stretch my legs... like I always do whenever I wake up... but I forgot that this time, I have fins rather than toes.
          "Nope, we're in the Mariana Trench." She said. "And as you can see, the waters bright. Which means we're closer to the surface than before."
          The moment I heard the words Mariana Trench, I hooked in horror. According to scientist, the Mariana Trench is the deepest part of the ocean ever recorded. Ever since then, I've always had a fear of extremely deep oceans. Right now, as a Siren, I still have them.
          But to my surprise, everything looks, normal. I was expecting pure darkness, scary creatures, and emptiness. But, this is the opposite. The waters crystal clear with the sunlight reflecting from the surface. However, there are no other lives around here. It is just me, Iruka and the whale.
          "Mariana Trench?" I ask. "Are you sure?"
          "Yes... the Atlantians told every lives the names of every part of the ocean... and this is called the Mariana Trench because it is the deepest."
          "Yeah, I know the Mariana Trench is the deepest part of the ocean but this isn't what I was expecting at all," I said, surprised. "Where's the scary creatures, like the Kracken, the Spider Crabs, Fangtooth Fish, Cthulhu? The Dark Waters? And.... and..." I seem to have run out of words.
          "What?? Don't be a clownfish." She laughed. "The Kracken doesn't live here. It is imprisoned by Poseidon in the Black Hole of the ocean."
          "Black Hole?" I ask, feeling scared.
          "Yup. It is where the sea God imprisoned all the ancient beast, including the Cthulhu, for our safety and of course, the land dwellers."
          "At least... that's what we're told." She said, looking down at the darkness.
          I followed her gaze towards the bottom and was mesmerized on how pitched black it all looked.
         A long time ago, I've watched a video about the Mariana Trench on YouTube. It says that the people had touched the sea bed of it but didn't stay long because of the crushing pressure. Along the way, they came across many new creatures but it wasn't a giant-sized creature. However, they were extremely terrifying to look at.
          Speaking of terrifying, I noticed something coming out through the darkness. A dot of light that is slowly getting bigger and bigger.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.