Family Feast

Realm of Black and White
Everlasting Desire

{Jonathan}

"Jon." His voice echos in my mind. But come to think of it, where am I? Why is everything around me white? And more importantly, how is Damian here with me, in his human form?
           "Damian?" His arms are around me and he's not a Siren. "Wait... How did you change back?!"
           "Don't worry about that now." He said, gently burying my face into his shoulders. "I'm here."
           "Shhh... rest my love." He strokes the back of my head. "It's going to be okay"
           I didn't know how he changed back or where am I. All I care right now is that I'm in his arms once again... and I couldn't be happier.
           But still. Somethings not right.
           "Dami? Are you--
           I froze the moment I realized the person I'm hugging isn't him but a life-sized doll version of him. I push it and back away from it.
           A loud beeping noise soon began interrupting the silence. The bright white surrounding began turning red and the noise gets louder and louder that I had to cover my ears.
           It kept ringing in my head and no matter how hard I tried to block it, it just doesn't stop.
           "Jon... don't leave--

Gotham City
Wayne Manor, Damian's Room
5:38p.m.

My eyes shot open just before rising up from the bed. My chest felt really heavy that I had to breathe in and out slowly. I lift my head and felt a sting in my brain as if there was a pin pierced through it.
           I look around and see myself sitting on Damian's bed in his room. And that's when it all came back to me. It was just a dream.
           Dang... I thought dreams like this were gone for good after my hospital days... but I guess not.
           "Must be some kind dream you've had huh."
           A voice shocked to where I jumped out of the bed and flew towards the ceiling.
           "Whoa whoa. It's just me, Jon."
           I look down to see Dick Grayson.
           "Dick?" I blinked twice to make sure I wasn't seeing things.
           "Yeah, it's me." He stood on his feet and stood below me. "Sorry if I startled you." He gave me a hand.
           I took his hand and got back on my feet.
           "Forgive my rudeness but why the spooky wake up call?" I look at him with pissed off eyes.
           He chuckles and puts his arms around me.
           "Sorry." He said. "It's not like I knew you were having a nightmare."
           "Just don't do it again," I said, looking down because I'm feeling embarrassed. "I scared easily."
           "Got it." He said as he took his arms back and took a seat on the edge of the bed.
           He casually strokes his fringe to the back of his head with his fingers and crosses his legs.
           "So... I heard you're staying with us for a while." He begins.
           I am?
           "You're mistaken... I'm just here for today, and I'll be heading back later." I said, looking outside the window to see the sun setting. "Which would be anytime soon, considering that it's almost night."
           "Really?" He raises an eyebrow. "Then why'd your parents stopped by to give us the supplies you'll need for your stay? He points towards the desk where a large suitcase lies next to it.
           It didn't take me long to realize that it was my suitcase because it had my initials on it.
           "They... did?" I was surprised. "Wait... that means..."
           I rush towards my phone and pick it up.
           25 missed calls from my parents.
           Oops... I kept it on silent mode. Oh well. I had one unread message from mom. She said "Honey, I'll be staying in the watchtower while your father and league mends Metropolis. It turns out that our home is affected by the broken part of the city which means we had no choice but to move out temporarily. We know you're not really a fan of the watchtower so we'd agree to let you stay with Bruce until it's fixed. Hopefully, it won't take too long. Be a good boy okay. We will call you every day to check up on you."
           "It looks like I'm staying here," I said. "Rao I'm sorry, Dick."
           "Sorry?" He asks. "What for?"
           "For troubling you guys to put up with me," I said as I lock my phone and place it back on the bedside table. "It's embarrassing being an uninvited visitor."
           "Jon... please, we love having you here." He said. "Heck, now you can stay more than a night over here and we can do a lot of fun things together like play games, watch a movie and eat!" He started fantasizing.
           Those activities reminded me about the times where I would spend them with Damian. Dick had a smile on his face, while I don't. I didn't know why but I felt as if the light in my heart went dim... and it started creating tears in my eyes.
           "It'll be so different without Damian around," I said under my breath. 
           The tears in my eyes rolled out, causing me to quickly wipe them away to not let Dick notice them.
           "Jon, come here," Dick called all of a sudden.
           I walked and stood in front of him without responding. He stood up and looked at me.
           "Yes?" I ask.
           He slowly moves closer and surrounds my body in his arms, squeezing me. My face was buried in his shoulder that I can smell his perfume.
           "D-Dick?" I can't move.
           "It's okay, Jon." He said in a sad voice. "He will return to us soon."
           "I know he will."
           It was then I knew even Dick was hurting within him. I always fail to remember that Dick and Damian have a very close relationship as brothers.
           I can only imagine the pain he's feeling. Actually... I know exactly what he's feeling.
           His touch around me made my eyes form more tears to the point where it rolled out continuously.
           It turns out that when you're touched by someone, the emotion that you're feeling gets stronger... it could be good and bad.
           I had no words to say. Instead, I return the hug and sob in his shoulders.
           "I know exactly what you're going through right now... after all, he's my little brother so I feel it too." He said, circling his hand my back. "Don't worry, he may not be here with you, but we are. You're not alone."