The Selection

Gotham City, Park Row
11:33a.m.

{Damian}

               Catwoman stills lives in Park Row, or Crime Alley of Gotham City. A place where committing a crime is as easy as breathing air. It's also the place where father's parents were murdered.
               "Ever considered moving into a normal neighborhood?" I ask Selina who was driving the Batmobile... and who is also back in her Catwoman uniform.
               "Why?" She asks. "There's nothing wrong with this place."
               "For a cat burglar, you're quite blind to notice the obvious, Selina," I said.
               "Sweet as always I see." She said while chuckling slowly. "Nearly a month in the sea and you remained unchanged."
               "I can say the same to you," I said.
               "Right." She agreed. "Can't argue with you on that."
               "Anyways, we're here."
               She parked the Batmobile in an alley and turned on invisibility mode to hide the Batmobile. She turned on all the securities before opening the door to exit.
               "Raven, darling, please give him some clothes." She said when she stepped out of the Batmobile. "Oh and remove the fishy smell from him as well. He wreaks of fresh fish and my pets will not leave him alone if he enters with that stench."
               "I'll be waiting in apartment 12C located on the third floor."
               "Stench?" I checked myself by smelling my palm. "Fishy smell?!"
               I think it's the aftermath of being a siren... and also the fact that I was living in the sea for quite a while with slimy scales all over me.
               "Got it, Selina." Raven's said from behind me. I couldn't see her expression but she sounded excited?
               "Raven?" I called her when Selina left.
               "Azarath Metrion Zinthos!"
               Thanks to Raven, I'm fully covered from my neck to my feet. She gave me an oversized green long sleeve shirt that goes all the down to my thighs, gray sweatpants, and a pair of Gucci sandals... well, fake Gucci that is.
               "I appreciate the clothes but why Korean style?" I asked her.
               "It's not every day I get to see you wearing something that is not formal." She replied. "So, I took this opportunity to dress you in something... different."
               "You're a K-pop fan?" I asked.
               "N-no..." She blushed and avoided eye contact. "I just admire their fashion statement... that's all."
               "Uh-huh... Alright, if you say so," I replied with a smirk as I opened the door and step out of the car... and so did she. "Oh did you remove the fish scent of me?"
               "Yes, and I've replaced it with a unique... smell." She giggles while avoiding eye contact.
               "What do you mean unique smell, Raven?" I ask, folding my arms. "Is this another Korean product?"
               "Maybe..." She started laughing softly now.
               "Whatever." I sighed and facepalm my forehead.
               It feels nice to be covered after nearly a month not wearing anything in the sea. Slippers? Yup, that's very nostalgic.
               "Are you guys coming or what?" Selina asked but she wasn't anywhere near us. "Up here."
               I look up to see Selina resting her arms on the windowsill while waving at us from above. "Coming," I said. "Come on, let's take the--
               Raven used her powers to levitate us both up towards Selina's apartment. Well, I guess that's a good shortcut than using the rusty elevator.
               We got in through the window and landed from what it seems like, her living room. The first thing to catch my eyes was the many cats laying and walking around the area. There are roughly fourteen cats in this house... maybe more. There are all sorts of cat breeds in the place, not to mention the fur colors and eye patterns.
               A chubby cat with pitch-black fur with yellow-green eyes was the closest cat laying in front of me on his stomach.