Sorrow

Metropolis Hospital
11:21p.m.

{Jonathan}

        That noise

That noise... sounds familiar.
Am I in a hospital?
"He's waking up..." that voice....
Mom?
"Clark Clark!" Yes it's definitely her.
But why is she so excited? It took me a while to realise that my eyes were close.
"Sweetie?" I felt a gentle palm cup my cheek. I open my eyes to a bright light in shining upon me.
"Am I dead?" I began wondering. My eyes travel around the area and that's when, I realised that I was in a hospital. There was a large oxygen mask over my nose and mouth. I felt metals in my arm, bandages over my forehead and hands. I tilt my head to the side to see mom and dad standing.
They look tired.
I call out to them, wanting to lift my hand but, the pain prevented me from doing so.
"You're alright... thank goodness." Mom said, combing my hair with her fingers.
"What happened?" I force out my question.
"There was a tsunami attack... you and Damian would've died if your father hadn't got to you both in time." She explain, holding my ice cold hand into hers.
It all started to come back to me. The last thing I remembered was waters crashing into the restaurant, knocking me out.

   But

But... what happened to Damian?
"Where's... Damian?" I ask.
My eyes were open wide enough to notice that there's something wrong when I asked that question. Mom didn't speak, instead she turn to look at dad, who also didn't say anything but stared at the ground. I felt my heart beating rapidly, thinking that there's bad news about him.
"Guys???" I ask a little louder.
"Damian's... in a coma, sweetie." Mom said with a sad voice.
I froze.
"Coma? Where is he?" I ask, forcing myself up. "Jon Jon honey, please! You need to rest!" Mom said.
"I've been resting since the time I got here. I think I've rest enough." I said, pulling the needles out of my arm and taking off the oxygen mask. Instantly, a familiar scent filled my nose. Iodoform.
"Jon, even if we tell you where Damian is, what are you going to do? Talk to him? Because he's not even awake." My dad sound out.
I hang my legs over the bed and stood on my legs. They felt like jelly but I manage to gain control over them.
"I want... to see him." I said, looking at the both of them.
"Please." I added.
"Its okay you guys." Someone entered the room. I turn around to see who it was. I was shocked to see someone who I thought I'd never see again. At least not very soon.
"Monica?" I walk towards her and gave her a hug.
"Hello baby boy..." she hug back. "Didn't expect to see you back here so soon." She said, releasing the hug. "Yeah, same here, actually." I said shyly.
"Superman, Lois, I'll bring him to Robin." Monica said, facing my parents. "He needs to see his friend... no matter what condition Damian's in." Monica continued.
"You're right." Mom said. "Ok, we'll be here." Dad said, as he took a seat on a chair.
"Thank you." I express my gratitude to Monica. "No problem. Come." She said, as she walks over to the door and holds it open for me. I exit the room and started walking as if I know my way around this place. She followed me from behind and soon, next to me. The hallway was completely empty. Not a single soul to be spoted.
"How bad is he?" I ask as we are walking through the silent hallway. "It's complicated, Jonathan." She started off. "You see, according to the Queen of Atlantis, the tsunami attack caused an unknown toxin to invade his body. He lost a lot of blood too. It's not everyday we see the kind of injuries he obtained." Monica paused.
"Toxin? How? And why did it affect him and not me?" I ask. "I don't know..." she said. "Mera told that the toxin had black magic involved." She continue.
Black magic... but why? Who? And why do they want to hurt him? Questions just kept pilling on.
"Somehow you got lucky... sadly he didn't. His lungs were badly affected as well. We couldn't really tell because no one knows the full exact story before your father brought you both out of the water." She said. "The answer could be endless. He might have got stuck and had to hold his breath for a long time... or he couldn't find the surface because his visions were blurry... or he got hit by something big, causing dizziness." She kept thinking. "It's hard to tell. The only person who can tell us is him himself." She concluded.
In my mind, I was completely speechless because this is all so new to me. I literally have nothing to say.
We kept walking in silence... which was peaceful but also, tiring. Is it because of my jelly legs or is the hospital just bigger than I thought?
"It's funny how, not too long ago you were the patient here, and Dami--- I mean, Robin, isn't. But now he is a patient, and you're not... well, not anymore." Monica kept a smile on her face. "I'm not laughing at his condition... it's just, you both reminded of a time where I and my best friend were patients in this hospital." She let out a sad chuckle.
"You knew his name?" I ask curiously. "Damian... yes. He told me before." She said. "Oh... I guess he really trust you." I said. "Guess so." She chuckle. "Alright, we're here." We stopped walking and stood in front of medical room 8B.
Monica held the door knob and was about to twist it open. But she stopped and turned to face me. "You ready?" She ask with concerned eyes.
To be honest, I don't know. I'm not even sure what to feel when I see him behind this door. But, I do know that I wanted to see him... awake or not.
"Yes." I said.
She nods her head and pushes the door open slowly. She walked in first and I followed her from behind. The moment I step foot into the room, cold air slammed against my skin. It feels like a meat locker in here.
I didn't care much about the atmosphere the moment I laid eyes on him, lying lifelessly on the bed. He had the same medical equipment as I did back in my room. Lots of needles and bandages, and a large oxygen mask covering half of his face. I felt my heart breaking as I got next to his bed. My eyes were glued to his eyelids... hoping that they would open anytime soon to his emerald eyes.
But it stayed shut.
It hurts... it hurts so bad, to see him like this. I felt like crying and screaming because of how weak I was that I wasn't able to protect him. But all I can do was cry silently. I bury my face in his shoulder and let my tears roll out.
"It's alright honey... it's alright." Monica held my shoulder.