3 Weeks Later

Three Week Later...

Watch Tower
Time --

{Jonathan}

           "I find it awfully surprising that even with heroes involved, cleaning and rebuilding half a city back takes a lot of time

           "I find it awfully surprising that even with heroes involved, cleaning and rebuilding half a city back takes a lot of time." Mom said as she sips her coffee while looking through the Daily Planet website on the hologram floating in front of her. "Heroes Jon, beings with powers, strength, agility, and so much more than regular people do."
           "Beings, human beings, or any living things... have their limits as well ma," I replied. "Just like you, they too require a day or two to just rest."
           "Yeah, you're right." She sighs as she places her coffee in front of her. "I'm just really missing home."
           "I can tell." I laugh. "Apparently living in the Watch Tower isn't your cup of tea... coffee."
           "It's a privilege to stay in this place but you on the other hand? Do not like it."
           "I'm grateful to temporarily live in a place that is so full of high tech and luxury facilities... but for me, it's just too much." She said. "Everything and I mean everything is powered by artificial intelligence... the bathroom, the lights in the room, the bed, the ceiling, and God I can keep going on."
           "Every time I wake up, I can't tell if it's already morning, or is it still night because I'm in space... and because of that, I'm getting jet lag not by traveling!"
           It's actually pretty funny to see mom rambling on how miserable she's been living since the last few weeks in the Watch Tower. I've never seen mom with eye bags before... nor have I seen her hair so messy... though not in a good way.
           Tomorrow is going to be exactly three weeks since Damian became a siren. There hasn't been a word about him since then but Batman, together with Mera and Aquaman has been working non-stop into finding a way to bring Damian home... or who or what is responsible for his new features.
           So far, no luck.
           I've been skipping school since dad allowed me to and I can clearly say that I don't miss it. School is great and all... but to be honest, I'd rather just stay home and do my own activities or help my parents with some of their work than going to school and finding what is X and Y or facing Tucker and his gang.
           Since the shark incident in Hawaii, I have never been anywhere near the sea or the beach. But the song however, is still stuck in my head. I don't know why but I can remember how it sounds... exactly how it sounds. I can hear it everytime when  my surroundings aren't loud. Kori had Raven, Zatanna, Fate and even Havania to help figure out where the song was coming from or what created it. But that too, no luck. Not to mention the mysterious magic in my blood... that too, no luck.
           So, all I've been doing for the past days is some indoor hobbies, helping Alfred with some manor chores, helping Havania or Monica as her doctor's name, in Metropolis Hospital, sleep -- like a lot -- cry, and many more... and of course, visiting my parents at the Watch Tower.
           I came here like an hour ago to have lunch with mom in the cafeteria. I hoped to see dad as well but he left before I got here so... it's just me and mom in the cafeteria... also surrounded by the other League members like Stargirl, John Steward, Green Arrow, Shazan, Flash and many more.
           "Ma, relax," I said as I picked up my own cup of orange juice and began mixing it by twirling the cup. "This is all temporary. I'm sure dad and the rest of the League will finish rebuilding the city up soon."
           "Till then, just relax. You're working online, you have an unlimited wifi connection, and best of all, you're safe because the entire Justice League is in this tower."
           "What about you?" She asks as she turns off the hologram and held her hands together, placing her full attention on me.
           "What about me?" I ask, confused.
           "How's life with the Wayne's?" She asks. "You've heard my story in this overly techy tower... let's hear yours."
           "The Wayne's are... nice people," I said.
           Honestly, I do not know where to start off with this conversation.
           "Batman's always busy with his League job, the bat siblings have their own responsibilities so I just help Alfred out with some manor chores. Most of the time I would just stay in my room and do nothing."
           "Other than that, Alfred is always preparing a high-class meal or turning a simple dish into a high-class meal like making pizza with a cheese fountain or beef stuffed meatballs."
           "Gotta watch your calories there buddy." She chuckles. "You don't want to end up in the front page of the Daily Planet press with the headline "Superboy becomes Chubby" now do you?" She laughs a little louder while covering her mouth.
           "Course not!" I immediately said with an eye roll. "I may be a big fan of food but I'd like to stay thin and fit thank you very much."
           "Keep telling yourself that." She laughs again.
           "I mean, it's nice living as a Wayne with all the fancy meals, luxury facilities, and so on," I said while drawing an invisible circle on the table with my finger. "But sometimes I'd rather just lay on a grassy field, staring at the clouds and chill with some good music. You know... simple is gold sometimes."
           "So... I take it you're bored... Living with the Wayne's?" She asks. "I mean, excluding the fancy meals and whatnot."
           "No no, not at all," I said quickly, to avoid giving her a wrong impression.
           "Really? Cause it sounds like it." She said. "They live in a Manor sweetie. Try using their swimming pool, or movie room, or badminton court, or the library since you admire reading so much or use something. I'm sure they won't mind"
           "No ma, they don't mind," I said as I kept my orange juice down and stare blankly at it. "It's just... I'm not in a mood to smile or laugh for a while."
           "Oh my goodness... sweetie I'm so so sorry." She grabs my hand and squeezes it. "I've forgotten about Damian's condition."
           "I didn't realize how much you're hurting about it."
           "It's alright ma," I said as I force a smile. "Apparently it's not my first time feeling hurt."
           "I've been avoiding human contact for a while because I didn't want to bring down the happy energy with my sad gloomy energy. It's not like I asked for it."
           "I wish there's a way for me to talk to him... to make sure he is alright and not..."
           "Oh, honey... no, he's not dead." She said. "I do not know for sure but but... I do know he's Batman's kid and that means, he's a survivor... no matter what form he's in."
           "Still... I wish I could hug him." I said, holding back my tears. "I miss him so much."
           "Sweetie, I know it hurts a lot but remember what you told me earlier... that it's only temporary and soon, Damian will be home... in human form."
           "I hope," I said. "Rao only knows what will happen to me if he doesn't."
           I picked up my cup of orange juice once again and this time drank it. But not all of it.
           I put it back down and cross my left arm while resting my chin on my right palm. My eyes began to gaze around the area, looking at every superhero that passes my sight.
           "Sweetie, things will get better," Mom spoke out of thin air. "I know it doesn't look like it now but things always work out in the end... one way or another."
           "I know ma," I said without looking at her. "I just wish it wouldn't take so long."