Good Night

Jon's Apartment, Jon's Room
8:01p.m.

{Jonathan}

        "I'm sorry Jon..." mom said, grabbing my hand, squeezing it.
         "It happens." I sip my glass of water.
     "It's amazing to know that my all time favourite mythological beings actually exist but... Damian becoming one is just, absurd." She took her hand and got back to eating her bagels.
           "I agree... why would this Zayka do this to him... that's what I really wanna know." Clark said before chugging down his glass of water.
         Ever since I came home, I've been off my mood... I mean, there's literally nothing that could make me smile or laugh. I've even lost my appetite for one of my favourite food, mac and cheese. I feel as if my happiness had been sucked out of my body and been replaced with a dark cloud above my head.
          "I'm going to bed guys... it's been a long day and I'm starting school again tomorrow." I said.
          "Oh, that's right... you're going back to school tomorrow..." mom recall. "Okay baby, sweet dreams." She got up and kissed my head.
          "Night bud." My dad patted my back as he gets up and heads to the kitchen to do the dishes.
         Now that my previous injuries had fully recovered, or turned into scars, I have no reason to skip school anymore. Plus, my medical leave is up. I wish I could say that I'm happy to return back to school... but that would be a lie... a big, fat, lie.
          I exhale and got off my seat. I make my way towards my room and close the door behind me. I turned off the lights and crash into my bed, tugging my legs beneath the blanket. I pull out my phone from under the pillow and unlocked it. But then, I turn it back off. As I said before, I've lost my mood to do anything. The only thing that is occupying my mind right now is Damian. His transformation, the argument we had, the tragedy and so on. Many things has happened in just two days. It terrifies me to discover how things can change in just a blink of an eye. One minute I'm smiling and the next thing I know, I'm crying with a broken heart.
        Tears began to form in my eyes just thinking of how or where Damian is right now. Is he okay? Is he safe? Does he know where he's going?
          It's dark outside. I bet it's even darker under the sea. Soon enough, the tears leaked out and roll down my nose and onto the pillow. It wasn't long before I started to sniff and sob. I kept my phone aside and hug my pillow tightly. It seems like I'll be crying myself to sleep tonight.
         "Good night D..."

Hundered of Meters Below the Sea
9:01p.m.

{Damian}

          I am really really scared. I've been swimming for hours and I'm still no where near to any living creatures or the warm side of the waters. I noticed that my scales are glowing when I'm submerged into darkness. They glisten like the light hitting on a metal pole. I don't know the purpose of it though. I could also see in the dark. It amusing how my skin isn't looking, prunny... knowing that I'm under water for hours. Usually my skins gets really prunny if I'm in the water for too long.
          It feels like I have powers. I'm glad that I have the ability to see in the dark but it felt no difference with or without these vision because either way, all I'm seeing is emptiness. I don't even know how far I've swam. I don't know any directions of the sea. I'm lost.
         There's literally nothing for me to do right now because it's dark. So I decided to stop searching and call it a day. I think I'd have a better chance finding lives under the sea during daylight.
          I've spotted no living creatures since the moment I came to the sea but I've passed by many caves of all sizes... and I still am. I stopped in front of a giant cave. It had an enormous entrance. It is big and definitely tall. The height of the cave could beat the Eiffel Tower or maybe even Everest. I felt my heart beating faster because of how creepy the cave looks like. Gives me a horror movie kind of vibes.
          I glance my surroundings, making sure that this cave isn't a territory to some living creatures. When I confirm that there was nothing around me, I venture into the cave.
          I began to calm down when I arrived into the cave. It really spacious. There's were a few growths here and there but it looked comfortable. I swam towards a corner and lay down my tail, and my back against the wall.
          My stomach rumbled. I'm hungry but, I don't know what is there to eat under the sea... am I suppose to eat live fish? Or kelp? Or seaweed? Thinking about that just reminds me of the time I ate a live frog which I told Jon about it. It still grosses me out. I ignored the rumble and just close my eyes. I began imagining what would it be like if I were home right now, or at J's place. If I were home, I'd be on the bed right now, scrolling my phone, or patrolling.
          If I were at J's place, we'd probably be playing some of his bored games. Yes, I call them bored and not board because those games are truly, boring.
           I started wondering how is he right now... like, what is doing? Is he asleep? Has he eaten? Or what? The questions keep piling up and the answers are endless.
          I felt my mind shutting down slowly. I lay my body on the cold ground and used my arm as a pillow.
          "Good night J."