What a Day

Wayne Manor, Damian's Room
5:56p.m.

{Jonathan}

          I arrived at the manor earlier than expected. I flew straight into Damian's room and just as Alfred said, he was waiting for me. By his side, tons of medical stuff rest.
          I landed on the balcony to which I almost fell because of the pain. I look down to see my leg is still heavily bleeding, causing a mess on the balcony steps.
          "My Lord!" He said shockingly the moment he saw me. He rushed towards me and carefully walked me over to the edge of the bed. He grabbed an extra-large towel from the closet and spread it around me.
          He sat me down and wasted no time in mending up the wound. He took the medical kit and pulled out some fresh cotton balls and iodine.
          The classic.
          He drenched the cotton balls into the iodine and gently wipe off the wet and dry blood from my leg.
          No doubt it hurts but compared to the shark bite, this is slightly more tolerable.
          "How did this happen?" He asks. "What kind of creature bit you? Because these are some huge teeth marks."
          "A great white shark," I said, trying to avoid the pain.
          "A great white?!?" He almost raised his voice. "Where in heaven's name were you to attract such a big beast? The deep-sea?"
          I nod. "It wasn't that deep... I swear."
          He sighs.
          "May I ask why?" He asks then changed to a new cotton ball.
          "I just wanted to swim further away from the crowd... I can't let them know that there's a flying boy in their midst." I said. "I'm afraid there might be some people who're out to get me."
          "Jonathan, you're Superboy... and you don't wear a mask." He said. "You don't have a secret identity to protect."
          "One can never be too careful, Alfred," I respond.
          He scoffs.
          "Is that what Superman tells you?" He asks.
          "You can say that," I said.
          "He's not wrong." He said after a while.
          "I was expecting a small wound like a scratch from a coral or maybe a crab pinch... but not this big." He said as he kept damping the wound.
           "The wound is so severe that some big pieces of your flesh are hanging out."
          "Don't remind me," I said before noticing that I'm starting to sweat because of the pain. "Just please stop the bleeding, fast."
          He's almost used up 6 cotton balls to stop the bleeding but it still isn't. It has come to a point where he ran out of cotton balls. He put down the last cotton ball that was soaked with blood and started studying the bite marks.
          It took him a while to really look at my leg and come to a conclusion that the wound needs to be stitched while the torn flesh needs to be cut off in order to not spread the germs throughout the body.
          "Don't move, I'll be right back." He got up and rush out towards the exit.
          Soon he was out of sight.
          Honestly, the pain is slowly easing up but the bleeding remains unchanged. It's still bleeding in the speed of an ice cream melting.
          Since Alfred said not to leave the spot, I crash onto the bed and stare at the ceiling for a good minute.
          "Even the ceilings have fancy patterns," I mumbled while staring at the ceiling with lots of cursive sophisticated patterns.