CHAPTER 33

We are outside our house and I don't know if I should invite him inside or just let him go. But it's too late because our double doors suddenly opened and Mommy came out! Her eyes widened when she saw us.

"Tita? Andyan na po ba si-" Tantan didn't finish what he was going to say when he saw me and the man next to me.

Inakbayan ako ni Ion at sinadyang ipakita kay Tantan. I felt awkward with Tantan and Mommy's look, so I immediately removed Ion's hand from my shoulder.

"Ion, please go home now." I whispered to him, and I still couldn't look straight to Mommy and Tantan.

"Come inside, it's getting late." Utos ni Mommy. Nang makita niyang hindi kami kumikibo ni Ion ay napabuntong hininga siya. "You too, Ion, come and eat here." I quickly pulled him inside and headed towards the dining area.

Si Tantan naman ay walang gana habang sumusunod sa amin, biglang nagbago ang mood niya.

Pinaupo ko si Ion at pinuntahan si Mommy, tinulungan ko siya sa pagbibitbit ng tray.

"Why are you together?" Malamig ang tono ni Mommy.

I knew she was still angry with Ion because of what he did to me. I told Mommy what happened between Ion and me before I went to America with Tantan, and she was extremely angry. She didn't expect Ion to do that, boto pa naman daw siya.

"We just ran into each other at school," I replied. "Look at my outfit today, we even dressed up like students."

Pinasadahan ni Mommy ng tingin ang kabuuan ko.

"Okay na ba kayong dalawa?" Pagtatanong niya sa akin at pinanliitan ako ng mga mata tila tinitingnan kung nagsasabi ba ako ng totoo.

"He already explained his side Mommy. And I think I just mis-understand the situation. Should I give him second chance, Mommy?" I asked while pouting my lips.

"Giving a second chance to the person you once loved is never been wrong. But giving a second chance is like reading a book twice, and expecting a different ending. Without a change is literally nothing." Mommy explained, kaya naman kahit papaano ay naliwanagan ako. "You should be careful this time, sweetie."

We finished talking, and Mommy placed the food on the table.

I was about to sit next to Mommy, but Tantan suddenly stopped me and made me sit next to him. However, Ion suddenly stood up, grabbed my right hand, and pulled me back to him. Now they were pulling me back and forth.

"Sit here, Chloe," Ion said firmly and pulled me again, but Tantan didn't let go of me. Instead, he pulled me as well.

"Chloe will sit beside me," Nagbabanta ang tono ni Ethan.

"Why don't we just ask her where she wants to sit?" Ion said arrogantly, as if he was sure I would choose him.

Both of them were looking at me and waiting for my answer.

"Uh," I didn't know what to answer, so instead of choosing, I pulled a chair and placed it between the two of them. They might end up fighting each other. "Between the two of you."

Ethan was on my left, and Ion was on my right. They were both staring at each other at nakakunot ang noo, masama ang tinginan nilang dalawa at natatakot ako na baka dito pa sila magrambulan sa harap ng hapag-kainan.

"Hmm, let's eat," Mommy broke the silence.

Akala ko ay titigil na sila dahil tinigilan na nila ang pagtitigan ng masama. Pero napasapo nalang ako sa noo nang bigla nilang pag-agawan ang plato ko para lagyan iyon ng pagkain.