CHAPTER 27

A few weeks have passed, but I never saw Ion again. We are going back to the Philippines tomorrow, so I started packing my things. I am sure that I will miss this place. This place became a witness to my tears, struggles, and sufferings. And this is also where I found healing.

Tantan came into my room and sat beside me.

“Hey,” he greeted and kissed me on the top of my head.

“Hello,” I faked a smile.

“How are you feeling?” He asked.

“I’m fine, why are you here? Do you need something?”

“Nothing, I’m just checking on you.”

“Last time, when you saw me crying at the club,” I started, and he just listened.

He was always there for me, and he was the one I leaned on during the time when I was struggling. At ngayon lang ako magk-kwento sa kaniya kung bakit at kung anong nangyari. Ngayon lang ako magsasabi ng problema sa kaniya. For years, I didn't tell anyone about my problems. I kept them to myself because I didn't want anyone to worry about me.

“I saw my ex inside the bar. He dragged me into the restroom and talked to me,” I wasn't even in the middle of my story, but I already found it hard to speak.

“All the sadness, pain, and everything came back in just one snap.  I thought it was already over, I thought there was nothing left,” I started again and break down. “But why do I still feel the pain until now? Why is it like this? I hate this feeling, Tantan.”

“It means that you’re still into him, you still love him,” he replied. "But you've suffered enough, its time to let go of whats hurting you."

“I hate him,”

Shhh, I’m here.”

K-kung pwede lang na i-ikaw nalang ‘yung m-minahal ko, k-kung pwede lang utusan itong p-puso ko na sana ikaw nalang,patuloy lang akong umiyak. “Sana matagal ko nang ginawa. Fvck this! Kailan ba ‘to mawawala?”

I wonder if when my suffering will end at kung kailan ako mapapagod kakaiyak.

How I wish that I am the man that you like,” he smiled at me kahit halatang pilit. I also came up to the point wishing that someday you will end up with me, so that I won’t see you crying all the time. You didn't know how much I get hurt whenever I see you crying and breaking down because of him.”

Tantan,” I cried even more.

Give me a chance, he held my hands. I don't care if I end up getting hurt. Just, let me show you how much I love you.

I looked at Tantan, trying to comprehend what he just said.

Tantan, I don't know what to say. I appreciate you, but I don't want to be unfair to you. I still need to figure things out, and I don't want to drag you into my mess,” I said, trying to hold back my tears. “If I give you a chance alam nating dalawa na masasaktan ka lang."

“I don't care, just let me love you. Do you think it was easy for me to love you secretly while you still loved the man who hurt you? It hurts like hell, Chloe.”

He is very smart, kind, talented, and everyone knows that. I don't want him to get hurt because of me. I really value him. I didn't want him to get hurt. I am already hurting, but I don't want him to suffer too.