CHAPTER 3

"Hannah, do you want to come with us on Saturday?"

"Where?" She asked.

"Sa tabi tabi lang. Maybe sa mall? Or anywhere you want." Sagot ko sa tanong niya.

"I will always go, how about you Hannah?" Crizel asked her the same.

"I have some things to do kasi e', you know." Tanggi nito.

Hindi siya makatingin sa amin. It seems like she's avoiding us. Pinilit ko pa siya pero ayaw niya talaga. Napaka sipag talagang mag aral nito.

Among the three of us, she's the one who loves studying the most. Crizel and I are also studying hard and getting good grades, but not as dedicated as Hannah.

"Okay, goodbye, class," our teacher bid goodbye.

Finally, it's dismissal time!

"Attention, classmates!" our Vice President, who is also gay, shouted. "No one can go home yet. Ma'am Nel, our English teacher, has something to say. All Grade 10 students are requested to proceed to the AVR, maybe the meeting will be finished by 5:30. Kaya ngayon pa lamang ay magpaalam na kayo or mag-text sa mga parents or service ninyo na mamaya pa kayo makakauwi."

I looked for Ion, but he wasn't here. Maybe that's why the Vice President is the one here announcing, because Ion is absent. Ion is the president of our class. He is good in terms of leadership.

I just took my bag and went to the AVR together with Crizel and Hannah. We sat near the front so that we can hear the announcement clearly.

The AVR is almost full with Grade 10 students. I don't know if Ion is here or not.

Kainis naman!

"Okay, students, I brought you here to let you know that we will be having a Book Character Parade, where you will wear a costume of your favorite character. It's up to you what you will wear. We have prizes for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd placers." Our teacher started to explain.

Umugong kaagad ang bulungan ng mga estudyante. It's obvious that they are happy and excited about the upcoming Book Character Parade.

"Waaaah! Talaga ba? Excited na ako Chloe!" Masayang aniya.

Hindi naman halata bhie.

She likes Anime and cosplaying, so I'm sure she will get ideas from there on what to wear.

"Any questions?" Ma'am Nel asked.

"Ma'am, is it only one pair of representatives per section?" The girl from the other section asked.

"Yes, one girl and one boy should be the only representatives for every section."

"Is there a talent portion po ba?" Mae asked, one of my classmates.

"Of course, that has the highest points, followed by the costume."

The rubrics were discussed further before we went our separate ways for the upcoming Book Character Parade. After the meeting, Crizel, Hannah, and I went to the nearby grill.

"Emz, amoy palang po Manang ang sarap sarap na," papuri ko rito nang tuluyang makalapit sa grilling area.

"Nako ang bata talagang ito, nambola ka pa," natatawa niyang sabi.

"Hala Manang mukha po ba akong nagbibiro?" Pinakita ko ang mukha kong nakabusangot kaya naman natawa siya ng bahagya.

"Haaay ikaw talaga, ilan ba sa inyo mga iha?"