CHAPTER 24

It's wednesday! And this is the day when we're leaving.

It's sad that I'm leaving this country and the people close to me, pero kailangan talaga at desidido na ako.

We are now at the airport and about to board the plane. I tearfully said goodbye to Mommy. I can't bear to leave even her. Mommy tried to comfort me and said that they would visit every month. Pero kahit na, matagal pa rin ‘yon.

I don’t want to leave. I really don’t want to leave them.

We were already inside the plane and Tantan was next to me.

You can take a sleep if you want, Tantan said while patting his shoulder. “This is a long trip at aantukin ka talaga.

How about you?

“Don’t worry about me, matutulog din ako,” ngumiti siya at ginulo ng bahagya ang buhok ko. You can lay your head on my shoulder.

You'll just get cramps," I said, but he was really stubborn and put my head on his shoulder himself.

It’s okay,” he said but I just didn’t answer until I fall asleep.

I woke up and felt like my head was a bit heavy. Tantan was also leaning on my head kaya pala ang bigat.

Dahan dahan kong inayos ang pagkakaupo ko at inalalayan ang ulo niya para hindi siya magising. Nang makaayos ako ay inihilig ko naman ang ulo niya sa balikat ko dahil ako ang nahihirapan sa posisyon niya kanina.

Tumingin ako sa may bintana at nagmuni muni. I wondered what would happen if I just forgave Ion.

Pero hanggang doon nalang ang inisip ko and just put it aside. The plane landed. Niyugyog ko si Tantan upang gisingin siya.

Tantan, wake up,

I saw Tita and Tito get up from their seats and take our luggage including my suitcase.

We’re here,” I said, and he opened his eyes.

He rubbed his eyes and looked out the window. Then he looked at me and smiled, but it disappeared when he realized he had been leaning on my shoulder for a few hours.

"I'm sorry, I fell asleep on your shoulder. Nangawit ka ba? Bakas ang hiya sa kaniya, I just smiled back at him.

“It's okay,” I answered and stood up but Tantan held me on my wrist.

Sobrang tagal nga pala talaga ng byahe. He stood up and helped me stand. Natawa nalang ako sa inasta niya. Kahit kailan talaga ay napaka-gentleman ng Tantan na ‘to.

He assisted me again when we got off the plane kaya naman natawa ang mga magulang nito.

Hindi nagtagal ang paghihintay namin, may kotseng pumarada sa harapan namin.

Kotse siguro nila?

At hindi nga ako nagkakamali, I saw their driver inside and waving at us. I smiled and got into the car. Tantan was now sitting next to me and talking to me.

"It's a good thing we're going to the same university. I'll be able to look after you properly," he said.

"I hope I won't feel out of place there. Nowadays, it's very difficult to socialize with people around, especially when you don't know what kind of people they are," I replied.

"Don't worry. The owner of the school is Mommy's close friend and siguro naman ay mapapakiusapan niya iyon na parehas nalang ang room and schedule nating dalawa. He explained.

I smiled.

The car stopped in front of a huge house. I guess this is their house?

Bakas sa mukha ko ang paghanga sa bahay nila.

He assisted me again and helped his Daddy to carry our luggage.

We were already inside, and I was even more amazed. It's so beautiful!

Suddenly, shame flowed through my body. Only then did I realize how rich they were.

“Take Chloe to her room,” Si tita.

We are now walking up their very grand staircase. There is even a red carpet at halatang sosyal at pang mayaman talaga. Parang nakakahiyang tapakan sa sobrang linis nito.

"Don't be shy," Tantan said, facing me and holding my hand when he saw me hesitating to step forward. "This is going to be your home too," Tantan looks at me, and there seems like there's another meaning behind his words. "Soon."

"H-huh?" I asked, confused.

"Never mind, let's go."

We are now in front of the pink door. Tantan opened it, and I was amazed at how beautiful it was. It doesn't fail to impress me.

"This room is really for you,"

It's obvious that this room is for me because even my own photo is attached to its wall. The whole room is pink and looks like a Barbie house. I hate pink pero sino ba namang maiinis sa ganda ng kwartong ito?

Kahit ata habang buhay na ako rito magkulong ay hindi ako mabuburyo.

"Really?" I still can't believe it.

"Yes," he answered.

“I’ll leave you for now, I'll call you later when it's time to eat." He said goodbye and left me.

I sat at the end of the bed. This room is very big. I also have a big room in our house in the Philippines, but it's not as big as this one. There, I have my own bathroom and walk-in closet, but here, I have my own living room and balcony.

I put down my suitcase and took out my clothes. I arranged my things, and when I finished, I went to the balcony. The breeze was cool and refreshing, it felt so good. I looked around and just like earlier, I was still amazed while looking at them.

This is not the first time I have been to another country, but the place is different compared to the countries I have been to before.

Someone suddenly knocked on the door. Tita came in and went to my side. She hugged me, and I hugged her back.

"I hope you don't get bored here. When you need something, just call me or Tantan, okay?"

"Yes po, Tita," I smiled at her.

"The food is ready, let's eat," Tita invited me.

Pagkababa namin ay sinalubong kaagad kami ni Tantan. Iginiya niya ako paupo sa tabihan niya at nilagyan ng pagkain sa plato.

Nahiya ako dahil parang prinsesa ako rito at pinagsisilbihan nila. E’ kung tutuusin dapat sila ang pagsilbihan ko dahil nakikitira lang naman ako rito.

Ako na Tantan, kinuha ko mula sa kaniya ang kutsara at nagsandok ng sariling pagkain.

Tito and Tita just asked me how I was doing, then I went back to my room to rest. Medyo bitin ang tulog ko kanina sa byahe dahil pagod na pagod pa ako.

When I entered my room, I went straight to my bed. The bed was very soft and comfortable. I fell asleep right away, probably because I was tired.

Maya maya ay naramdaman kong lumubog ang kabilang bahagi ng kama.  I opened my eyes and saw Tantan sitting there and smiling at me.

"Did you sleep well?" he asked.

"Yes, of course, how about you?"

"I didn't sleep," he answered.

Ngalay ka pa naman kanina sa byahe dahil sa ulo ko. I said and pouted.

Tantan is a sweet person ever since we're a child. And honestly, hindi mahirap magustuhan si Tantan. I admit, I used to like him before, and I never confessed to him. But my feelings changed when I met Ion. Naisip ko noon na crush ko lang talaga noong bata si Tantan and maybe it was all just admiration so I focused my attention to Ion.