CHAPTER 32

I smiled widely and fondly remembered those moments. Time really flies so fast. If we used to always fight like cats and dogs before, now we no longer do. There has been a lot of changes, not just in this place, but also within us.

"You were mad at me that time," he chuckled slightly.

"I can't remember why I was angry with you back then." I replied, looking at him. I realized he had been looking at me for a while now.

"No wonder why you easily forget about me too."

I didn't pay attention to it, sa halip ay naglakad lakad nalang doon.

Hmm, tara na sa classroom?Anyaya ko at habang naglalakad ay sumagi sa isipan ko na hindi ko dapat takasan ang katotohanan. I also want to know his side and reasons.

Masaktan na kung masasaktan basta ang gusto ko ngayon ay ang malaman ang totoo.

I think you’re not ready yet? I can wait until you are ready to hear my expla—

Yes I’m still not ready but I also need to know the reason. I want all the questions that still bothering me to be answered.

Kailangang kayanin ko. I can't stay like this forever.

Are you sure? Paninigurado niya at bakas sa mukha nito ang pag aalinlangan. Maybe it’s because he doesn’t want to rush me, and I’m glad that he’s concerned about my feelings.

Yeah, let’s go before I change mind. Anyaya ko ulit at pumunta sa dati naming clasroom.

Now we're inside, and I sat on my old seat at the back. He sat next to me, in Crizel's old seat.

"Chloe," he called me when he noticed that I'm quiet and not saying anything.

"Explain." Tanging sagot ko.

“First of all, I’m so sorry,” He apologized. “For being stupid and not being your ideal boyfriend. Nung una palang, naiinis na ako sa ’yo. I get annoyed every time you tease me all the time. I felt like you were disturbing my peaceful world when you came."

"See? I was so crazy over you back then, to the point that I would do anything just for you to notice me." Pagsingit ko sa pagsasalita niya. “I was already happy that way whenever I got your attention."

“When you said the proposal, I accepted it right away.” He spoke again and looked at me. “You know why?” Nang makita niyang hindi ako sumagot ay natawa siya ng bahagya. “I accepted your proposal not because you were going to help me with Dave. Hell no, I'm straighter than ruler. Tinanggap ko ‘yon dahil gusto kong bawian ka. My plan back then was just to make you fall for me and leave you after."

I was surprised by what he said. I didn't expect it. It felt like someone was stabbing me in the chest repeatedly.

"But I didn't succeed. I failed. Dahil nagugustuhan na kita, and I couldn't even last a day without seeing or being with you."

Ang mga luhang kanina ay nagbabadyang pumatak ay bigla nalang umurong dahil sa sinabi niya. Napalitan ito ng saya. Saya na may halong lungkot. Happy because I now know that he liked me back then, and sad because it's just part of the past.

I loved you more than I thought Chloe, and I will always love you.

Maybe because you knew how much I loved you and how crazy I was about you before, you took advantage of me. Because you knew I would always come back to you no matter what happens." I harshly wiped away my tears. "I should have never loved you that much because the pain you caused me was too much and unbearable."

“I may not be one of your choices, and will never be, but I will never ever regret the day I confessed to you.  You gave me signs after, but I know deep inside, you just only did that because you pity me. I won’t hate you for that. Letting you go was the hardest decision I’ve ever made so far in this game of hearts. Because since in the very first place, I never really had you and that’s okay.” I added. My eyes wet with tears.

“N-no, it’s not like that. What you saw in my room, the scenario you saw before, hindi ko ginusto ‘yon Chloe. B-believe me.” His voice cracked.

A-no pa bang k-kasinungalingan ang sasabihin mo Ion?

She gave me something to drink before, I thought it was just a juice when I suddenly lost myself. I don't know what really happened. Until the heat suddenly flowed in my body and I didn't have much strength to stop her." He explained. "Until she kissed me, I tried to stop myself. But because of the very intense side effects of the medicine she mixed in the juice that I drank, I couldn't do anything."

Nagulat ako sa sinabi niya. Kung gano’n, dapat pala ay hindi siya ang kinagalitan ko.

Bakit ngayon mo lang sinabi ‘yan? Hindi parin ako makapaniwala.

“How can I tell you when your mind was closed before and you just left me? How can I explain if you don't want to talk to me?" The corners of his eyes began to turn red, but he held it back.

I-i’m so sorry, tumungo ako, hindi ko alam ngayon kung paano siya pakikitunguhan gayong alam ko na ang katotohanan. Sorry...”

Sa loob ng pitong taon na pag-iyak at pagmumukmok ko, lahat pala ng akala ko ay walang katotohanan. Nagtanim lang ako ng sama ng loob sa kaniya kahit wala naman talaga siyang kasalanan. And the only one to blame here was Britney.

Matagal nang may gusto sa akin si Britney, she's my childhood friend. I already made it clear to her that I only consider her as a sister, a very close friend.

I’m so speechless.

“I-i’m so sorry...”

It’s not your falt,nakatingin parin sya sakin at puno ng emosyon ang mata nya. Kasalanan ko dahil naging  mahina ako.

I’m so immature, damn it! Hindi ko alam kung anong ia-akto sa harapan niya.

Now, will you give me another chance? Iniharap niya ako sa kaniya at nakahawak ang dalawa niyang kamay sa magkabila kong balikat.

Hindi ako sumagot, nanatili lamang akong nakatingin sa mga mata niya.

Fine, I’m not going to pressure you.Nawawalan ng pag-asang aniya. Do you want to go home?

I smiled at him. Ang lakas ng tibok ng puso ko ay ganoon parin kalakas kagaya noong highschool pa lang kami. Until now, I'm still crazy about this guy and I kept denying it before. I was just fooling myself.