CHAPTER 10 - BOOK CHARACTER PARADE

Nakaupo pa rin kami at nakikinig sa kung ano mang sinasabi ng speaker sa unahan. Wala akong maintindihan dahil lutang pa rin ang isip ko. I just bent down my head and played with my fingers.

"Okay now, each representative of the class needs to model their costumes on the stage. Are you ready Eastwoodians?"

The loud cheers from each section echoed once again.

The representatives were called one by one, including Ion and me. I'm having a hard time standing now because of the size of the gown I'm wearing!

He extended his hand to me, but I just looked at it and tried to stand up again.

"Fuck, this gown is so annoying!" I muttered irritably.

"Kung kasi hinahawakan mo na kaagad ang kamay ko, e 'di hindi kana mahihirapan." Si Ion.

He extended his hand to me again, but I remained stubborn and didn't accept it.

Not until I felt Ion's two arms around my waist and...

He lifted me up!

The people in the gymnasium started cheering again, and my cheeks turned red. Because aside from the fact that they know Ion is gay, most of the people here in the academy also know that I like him. Some of the girls who have a crush on Ion are now looking and giving me judgemental look.

"What the hell?! Put me down!" Pagpupumiglas ko.

Pinagsusuntok ko siya sa braso at iba't ibang parte ng katawan niya pero mukhang hindi niya manlang iyon ininda.

"Tch! Can't you stay still?" he said, clearly struggling to carry me because of the size of my gown, but he still didn't put me down.

The crowd cheered even louder.

"Pwede rin bang ibaba mo na ako?!"

"No,"

Until we reached backstage, but I could still hear the loud cheers of the crowd. Ion looked really handsome now, you wouldn't even think he's gay. He's so damn hot right now with his costume.

Wait... what am I thinking? Erase. Erase. Erase.

The name of the contestant in front of us was called, and we were next. I don't know what to do. I'm not used to this because it's my first time experiencing something like this.

"Are you nervous?" Ion asked.

"And what do you care?" I sarcastically replied.

"I didn't say that I CARE, I'm just asking."

Our names were called, and we went out on the stage. We went to the center part before returning to the backstage, but Ion suddenly grabbed my hand and placed it on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around my waist.

Okay, I'm so speechless.

My face is starting to turn red again. I wasn't expecting that!

"Don't look at me, look in front. I might melt here. You can still stare at me after this pageant,"

The crowd cheered again.

"Woooh! Bestfriend namin 'yan!" Crizel cheered loudly, causing me to feel even more embarrassed.

I just ignored them and looked at Ion again, who looked incredibly handsome.

"W-what?! Assumero."

He just smirked.

The pageant ended, and we went back to the backstage to prepare for the talent portion.