CHAPTER 9- BOOK CHARACTER PARADE

A few days passed and the students were busy for the Book Character Parade.

Today is the most awaited day for everyone. It's Friday and it's also the day of the Book Character Parade where each student will wear the costume they chose.

I woke up early and got up immediately. It's only 5:00 A.M but it's nice to wake up early so I can prepare properly and not run out of time.

Matapos kong maligo ay nakita ko na sa loob ng kwarto ko ang mga baklang kinuha ni Mommy upang mag ayos sa akin.

I'm wearing a bathrobe now and I went straight to my walk-in closet. I took out my costume and laid it on my bed.

"Hi ija, sit down here. You can put on your costume later so you won't get sweaty while we fix you up," one of the gay suggested, and I just nodded.

I remembered Ion when the word "gay" came up in my mind.

Why is he still on my mind?! My gosh!

I chose a light color for my eye makeup. They also put extensions on my eyelashes.

I don't know what they're putting on my face because I don't know what those things are called. So I just closed my eyes and let them fix me up.

"You can open your eyes now," they said.

I slowly opened my eyes at halos mapamura ako dahil sa hitsura ko ngayon.

I can hardly recognize myself anymore because they did such a great job on my makeup, or maybe I'm just not used to wearing makeup.

"Wow! Is this really me?" I still can't believe what I'm seeing.

"Of course! Don't be surprised, dear. We just put makeup on you and your face is naturally beautiful," one of them said.

Nagpasalamat ako sa dalawang bakla na nag ayos sa akin.

Lumabas na silang lahat sa kwarto and only Mommy and I were left inside. She's going to help me put on my costume.

We even had a hard time putting on my costume because the gown was too big. When I finally put it on, I put on my gloves.

When I was done, Mommy turned me around to face the full-length mirror in the room. I was even more surprised when I saw my whole outfit.

I was wearing a sky blue off-shoulder gown with glitter all over it, and it's so beautiful!

There are also glitters on my chest.

And when I turned around, I saw that they also put small butterflies with glitter on my hair. I'm shining so much because of all the glitter.

Mommy said I really look like a living Cinderella. So where's my prince?

Mommy had the gown designed exactly like the one Cinderella wore at the Grand Ball

They also copied Cinderella's hairstyle but made a slight change to it. I'm so amazed by how I look right now.

"Mommy! Sobrang gandaaa po!" Naiiyak kong saad kay Mommy.

"I love you baby, anything for you." She kissed my forehead.

Aww, I'm so lucky.

I tried not to cry because it might ruin my makeup.

Mom took several pictures of me until she got tired. I also did different poses, like in a photoshoot.

It's already 7:10 and the program is set to start at 7:30 before the parade.

Mom accompanied me to the car. Once I was seated properly, she said her goodbyes. She couldn't come with me because she had to take care of her business.