CHAPTER 21

I woke up early in the morning, and my eyes were still a little swollen from crying last night. I'm still lying in my bed. Kinapa ko ang gilid ng kama, hoping that Ion is still here, but he's not. Maybe he came home when I fell asleep last night.

I got up and went downstairs to eat. I'm still not feeling well and I'm staring blankly at the dining table while my Mom is taking care of me.

She's worried about me, but she doesn't say anything or ask any questions. After I finished eating, I immediately went back to my room without even saying anything to my Mom.

I still can't believe what happened. I can't accept the fact that Hannah left without saying goodbye. We were best friends, and she can always count on me.

Hanggang sa makarating na akong school pero eto parin ako at tulala. Nakaupo na ako ngayon sa upuan ko at pilit akong kinakausap ni Crizel pero puro tango at iling lamang ang sinasagot ko sa kaniya.

Hey, I heard Ion’s voice behind me. I passed by your house earlier pero naakaalis kana raw sabi ni tita.

I just nodded again. I don't have time to talk to anyone right now, even with Ion.

"Maybe she needs more time to think, Ion," Crizel said, and Ion sighed.

"I'll take you home later, okay?" he sighed and kissed me on the forehead before returning to his seat.

I ended my whole day with no appetite. I'm just sitting blankly all day, and Hannah is the only thing on my mind.

Now, Ion and I are in his car, but I'm still staring blankly outside the window.

"Chloe," he started, but I didn't look at him. So he turned my face towards him so we could look at each other.

"I've said this to you several times already. I'm not used to you being like this. You can count on me anytime and share your pain with me. I'm your boyfriend, remember?" He said as he caressed my hair.

I really love him.

"I just can't accept the fact that...," I can't finish what I'm going to say next, and tears start to fall. "That Hannah is no longer here."

He didn't say anything and just listened to me as I let out all my emotions.

"She was my best friend. I didn't expect that she was going through something like that. If only I knew earlier.. " I said while wiping the tears coming out of my eyes.

"Go on, take it all out. I can be your crying shoulder," he comforted me and hugged me.

I cried on his shoulder until my tears stopped falling and my eyes were tired from crying.

"Maybe I need more time. I can't handle it right now. Not yet," I said.

"I'll give you space if you want, but please don't take too long."

"Thank you," that's all I said, and I hugged him again.

A few days passed, and I was always alone. Ion gave me time, and I'm grateful that he understands my situation.

Today is Saturday, and I decided to visit him at his house to surprise him. I looked at my phone calendar and counted how many days we have before we break up. We only have 15 days left.

It's our monthsary today. We became official on January 05, 2020, and now it's March 05. On February 14th, I surprised him and celebrated Valentine's Day together to make it memorable. We went to the beach and celebrated there. We didn't stay there overnight because we were underage at the time, sakto at may bahay sila malapit sa resort na ‘yon so we stayed there and spent the night. We went star-gazing that night, and I had so much fun.