CHAPTER 22

“I can be your crying shoulder, and this time I'm not gonna leave you again," he said sincerely.

"P-promise?" I asked to make sure he's telling the truth.

"I promise," he promised and hugged me again. "Now, tell me. Why is my princess crying?"

"I-i'm not crying," I denied.

"Really? I see," he said and narrowed his eyes.

"H-he cheated on me, Dave," I began to break down again, pakiramdam ko'y nanlalambot ang buong katawan ko.

Fuck, he cheated on me and my own eyes saw it, Dave.” My voice cracked.

Malungkot rin ang mga mata niya. Siguro’y naawa siya sa 'kin kasi nagkakaganito ako ngayon.

Kahit ako naman naaawa rin sa sarili ko e’.

H-he was my everything, but he broke me into p-pieces,” I still can't believe it, and all I want to do now is cry until I run out of tears.

He just listened to me and hugged me until I calmed down. This is what I like about Dave as a friend, when he knows that you have a problem, he will give you peace and freedom.

"Are you done crying?" he asked, and I just nodded. "How's your feeling?"

Sasagot na sana ako nang may biglang sumingit sa usapan namin.

C-chloe, that baritone voice and his scent.

I haven't faced him yet, but here I am, crying again.

"Ion, maybe it's better if you leave first," Dave said.

"Chloe, p-please," his face started to turn red.

"She's not yet ready to face you, just give her some time," Dave interrupted again.

I was surprised when Ion suddenly punched Dave.

"Damn you, Dave! Don't interfere here!" Ion shouted in anger.

Akmang susugudin muli ni Ion si Dave pero pumagitna na agad ako.

"You're such a coward, bro! Why don't you tell Chloe the truth? That you're actually straight and you just pretended to be gay just so she will stop bothering you because you're annoyed in her presence, right? You even used me dahil alam mong magkaibigan tayo at hindi kita matatanggihan sa mga gusto mo kaya nagpanggap din ako. Sana kung alam ko lang na ganito ay hindi na kita pinagbigyan." Si Dave, bigla akong natigilan.

Sobrang sakit na.

"Is it true, Ion?"

"Fvck it, that was before. Please, Chloe...” I was surprised when he suddenly knelt in front of me. 

"Really? Kaya pala nakipagpustahan ka sa iba mo pang kaibigan nung pumayag ka sa proposal ni Chloe sa 'yo?"

Muling sinuntok ni Ion ng sobrang lakas si Dave dahilan kung bakit dumugo ang ilong nito.

You don't know anything, His jaw clenched because of anger.

"So all of that was just pure lies? Ha!" I forced myself to laugh kahit sobrang sakit na ng mga nalalaman ko.

I stared at him with a mixture of disbelief and anger. "How dare you lie to me? I trusted you, I believed in you!" I could feel my voice trembling.