CHAPTER 30

“Are you still not finished?” Ion asked, naiinip na.

Stop rushing me!” I yelled.

I was wearing a knee-length skirt but still had no top on. I purposely took my time getting dressed just to annoy him even more.

Ano pa bang ginagawa mo riyan? It’s almost 30 minutes Chloe Athena.

“Don’t you really know how to wait?!I shouted again at mas lalong binabagalan ang pagkilos.

He did not answer. Napangiti nalang bigla ako ng palihim dahil paniguradong naiirita na siya sa 'kin ngayon.

Suddenly, there was a loud bang from the door, as if someone was trying to break it down.

Hoy ano ba!Sigaw ko, natatakot na baka biglang bumukas ang pinto wala pa mandin akong suot na pang-itaas.

And I was right. The restroom door suddenly opened and Ion entered, so I quickly grabbed the clothes I took off earlier and covered myself because I was only wearing a bra. His face turned red when he saw me.

“Shit!” He was surprised and immediately turned back.

“Bastos! I shouted again, at nang dahil sa pagkataranta ay itinapon ko ang paper bag sa kaniya at tumama iyon sa likuran niya.

“Hey why did you do that?!” He complained, still avoiding his gaze on me. “Why did you change here? What is the point of this cubicle if you’re not going to use it?”

E’ bakit kasi pumasok ka rito alam mo namang nagbibihis ako?! Hinigpitan ko ang kapit sa damit na tanging nagtataklob sa dibdib ko.

Malay ko bang nand’yan ka lang? All of the sudden I thought you were inside the cubicle.

Heh! Lumabas ka rito, nagbibihis ako!Pagtataboy ko sa kaniya.

Sinunod naman niya ang sinabi ko. Dali dali siyang lumabas at isinara ang pintong winasak niya.

Magbibihis ka lang ng uniform, hindi pa naman wedding gown para sa kasal natin ang isusuot mo para matagalan ka riyan.

Binilisan ko na lamang ang pagbibihis ko at napasimangot nang makita ko ang sapatos na suot.

As I walked out, Ion looked at me, his eyes scanning me from head to toe. He burst out laughing when he saw my shoes.

Fvck you! Gigil ko.

“And when did you learn to curse, Keith Chloe Athena Dela Cruz?” He mentioned my full name, but even though he said it seriously, he couldn't stop laughing.

“I'm wearing rubber shoes right now because I was wearing pants earlier. I didn't know I was going to wear this today, and I don't have any black shoes!” I complained, but he continued to laughing sa hitsura ng mukha ko ngayon.

You’re so cute, he said out of nowhere.

Don’t you dare to laugh or else... I’m going to kill you!

Is that what you’ve learn from America huh? He raised his eyebrow.

“It’s none of your business. Magbihis ka na, iniba ko ang usapan. I didn't want to talk about the past anymore.

I didn't want to go back, and I had no intention of returning to it.

“Okay,” he went inside and didn't even close the door.

He didn't even go into the cubicle. I could see him now. He took off his shirt, exposing his abs.

Gosh! What am I thinking?!

Napaka-ganda ng katawan niya, walang sinabi ang salitang perpekto. Napanganga lamang ako at tulala sa nakikita ngayon.

He wore a white polo with maroon fabric on both sleeves. He then proceeded to put on his pants and was about to unzip nang bumalik ako sa huwisyo.

Wahhhh! I screamed. “Can you please close the door or at least enter the cubicle?!”

He just laughed at my reaction. His laugh echoed throughout the bathroom.

“You only complain now even though you've been staring at me since earlier,” he said with a smirk. “Close your mouth, kanina ka pang nakangaga  baka iba ang maisip ko at...”

I didn't let him finish and quickly closed the door of the restroom. I leaned on the wall and held onto my chest.

Hindi ko nagugustuhan ang tindi at lakas ng kabog nito, familiar. I feel like it’s going to explode at any moment.

The restroom door opened, and Ion came out, wearing his uniform. His charisma never faded.

“You're red,” he said as he stopped in front of me and bent down to match our gazes.

It felt like I was losing oxygen in my body. I was having a hard time breathing because of how close he was to me.

Isang maling galaw lamang ng kahit na sino sa aming dalawa ay siguradong maglalapat ang mga labi namin.

I looked at his face, and it was perfectly sculpted. I stared at my favorite sight on his face - his eyes.

I can't describe it properly because the word perfect isn't enough to describe the person in front of me right now.

"Isang tanong isang sagot, do you still love me?" He never fails to make me fall for him like this, sa boses pa lamang niya ay mapapa-oo kana agad. Answer me.

Yes.

N-no, iba ang lumabas sa bibig ko.

"I still love you, Chloe," he confessed. His eyes were full of sadness and hope, I could see it.

"Let's go," I changed the topic. I didn't want to talk about this. I didn't want to.

I'm done with the pain, Ion, please.

No Chloe, please.He begged.

Hindi ko matagalan ang tingin niya. Masakit pero kailangang kayanin because I don’t want to cry over and over again for the same reason.

N-not this t-time Ion, please. I already moved on. I avoided looking at him. “Let's just enjoy this day together, and this is also the last time you'll get close to me. Stop dragging our past. Everything has changed, I... don't love you anymore."

"Alright," he sighed, and there was nothing he could do. "I-I'm sorry."

"It's okay. You're still handsome as ever." I complimented him, trying to change the atmosphere.

"Yeah, I know," he agreed and combed his hair with his fingers.

"Psh, lakas ng hangin." Sabi ko pa bago magsimulang maglakad.