CHAPTER 26

I washed my hands and fixed my face. I also fixed my dress na nagusot because of what happened earlier.

I was about to go out when a tall guy suddenly came inside and pulled me back! I couldn't complain because he was too strong, and he immediately locked the door! He was wearing all black and a cap, which is why I couldn't see his whole face.

Fvck!” Bulalas ko at nagpumiglas mula sa pagkakahawak ng kung sino mang lalaki ito. Who the hell are you?!

He didn't say a word. Instead, he just grinned and chuckled.

"Take your hands off me!" I tried to pull my arm back from his grip, but he was too strong.

"Chloe..."

My heart almost jumped when he spoke. He sounded just like him. Maybe it's just a coincidence? I tried to convince myself that this wasn't him and he wasn't in front of me now.

But my knees almost gave up when he removed the cap he was wearing. I was too stunned and unable to move.

"Ion," I couldn't believe I said his name, and he didn't answer. "Why are you here?"

"I followed you," he said while still not taking his eyes off me.

"How long have you been here?"

"The day after your flight here in America."

I was surprised by what he said. So it means he's been here for a long time?!

"Why?" I still couldn't believe this.

"You already know the answer."

"You shouldn't have followed me here."

I thought everything was okay. I thought it was all over. But why do I still feel this way? Why is the pain still here?

Suddenly tears welled up in my eyes again. It all came back, especially the pain he caused me.

"I followed you here to America, hoping that I would have a chance to be with you again, but," he bowed down his head, avoiding my gaze on him. "But it seems like I was wrong."

"I already told you. ‘Di ba sinabi ko na sa 'yo noon pa man na ayoko na? Na wala na. It’s all gone, Ion.  I tried to be brave this time.

When I heard that you left, I immediately went to your house. How funny, but the truth is, I begged in front of your parents just to tell me where you are." He said and continued talking. "I didn't leave your house until they told me where you were."

I didn't know that. Mommy didn't mention anything to me either.

"I always visited the school you went to here. I always followed you wherever you go," he explained, at ngayon lang siya nag-angat ng tingin. “After almost 7 years of secretly following you, only now have I had the courage to approach you at sa ganito pang sitwasyon.

So that's why. That's why I used to feel that someone was always watching and following me.

"I saw you kissing that guy," he added. "And you enjoyed every inch of it."

I need to think of a way on how I can get out of here. I don't want to see him again.

I didn't say a word. I just let him talk.

"It's breaking me, seeing you kissing another guy." Ramdam kong nahihirapan siyang magsalita. "I wanted to approach you earlier and take you away from whoever that man is, but I stopped myself when I saw you almost chase after his kisses."