CHAPTER 18

He strummed his guitar and fixed it’s tune.

Dedicate the song for me ha? I requested.

He looked at me and then returned his gaze to the guitar. He grabbed his big notebook and flipped through it. I saw that he had a list of songs and their chords written there.

He's really prepared, huh?

Ain't never felt this way
Can't get enough so I'll stay with you
It's not like I've got big plans
Let's drive around town holding hands
And you need to know
You're the only one, alright alright,
he started.

His voice was undeniably beautiful. It was pleasing to the ears, as if the song had a life of its own that made it even more beautiful.

His voice was so manly and it really suited him. I wonder why he doesn't join a band?

“And you need to know
That I love you with all my heart, my heart,”
pagkasabi niya sa linyang iyon ay tumingin siya sa’kin.

Why do I feel like the lyrics are for me? His eyes were full of mixed emotions - happiness, sadness, love, and more. I don't know what's real among them.

Oh, my heart hurts so good
I love you, babe, so bad, so bad
Oh, oh my heart hurts so good
I love you, babe, so bad, so bad,”
nanatili pa rin ang tingin niya sa'kin habang kumakanta.

My heart has been pounding since earlier.

And you need to know
That nobody could take your place,
your place
And you need to know
That I'm hella obsessed with your presence, presence.
He stopped singing there and looked straight into my eyes.

Kung saan saan ko na ibinaling ang ulo ko para maiwasan lang ang mga tingin niya, at sa tingin ko ay kanina pa akong mukhang tanga rito.

Hey, how is it? Do you like it? his manly voice. Look at me. Utos niya, at hindi ko alam kung bakit sa isang salita niya lamang ay napasunod na niya kaagad ako. It seems like he said a law and I should follow it.

Pulang pula na siguro ang mukha ko dahil sa hiya. Hindi ko alam kung bakit ngayon e' tumitiklop ako, kung tutuusin nga in the very first place makapal na talaga ang mukha ko.

“That song, is for you.”

"You're giving me false hope again," I pouted.

I know he already confessed his feelings to me last night, but this feels different.

Please don’t say such things if you can’t stand for it. And you know, I'll just end up hoping again.”

“Come here,” he gave me a hug.

Ako naman ang kakanta, I said.

I took the guitar from him and placed it on my thigh. Mabuti nalang at kahit papaano ay marunong akong mag-gitara.

You didn’t tell me that you know how to play guitar.

Isn't it obvious? You didn't ask either." I mimicked his tone from earlier, and we both laughed.

Tss, magsimula ka nalang.

“Well, I will call you darlin’ and
everything will be okay
‘Cause I know that I am yours
and you are mine
Doesn’t matter anyway
In the night, we'll take a walk, it’s nothing funny. Just to talk,”
I started singing while strumming the guitar.