CHAPTER 25

A few days, months, and seven years have passed, and my life in America has been happy. Napaka saya ng pamilya nina Tantan at hindi talaga ako nila hinahayaang ma-left out at maboring dito.

I left the Philippines when I was still young, I think I was only 17 years old at that time. And now, I am already 24 years old. So much has changed.

"What do you want to do now?" Tantan asked.

"Hmm, anything!" I replied cheerfully because we don't have work today.

Madali naman akong nagkaroon ng kaibigan dito. I’m no longer a kid, I’m already 24. Maganda na rin ang katawan ko dahil nag-gym kami palagi ni Tantan.

I easily became attached to him. I don't even remember Ion anymore. He always makes me smile and laugh. I'm comfortable whenever he's always by my side.

I don't know, but there are a lot of questions bothering me. Am I ready to commit again? Kaya ko na ba? I don't want to hurt him, but I also don't want to lose him.

Tantan is a good guy, and he doesn't deserve to be hurt. Whatever is happening between us now, let's just keep it at that.

“You wanna go to the bar? He asked, and I immediately nodded.

It's been a long time since I last went to the bar, that's why I'm excited right now.

He doesn't want to let me go out every night, especially when I'm with Sammy. He said that they're a bad influence on me, at sa kanila ko raw natutunan mag-bar.

They’re nice naman kaya, hmp.

“I'm going to invite Sammy and Beatriz, is it okay? I'm with you anyway, please."

I acted cute towards him, I hope it works!

"Aish, fine."

Malapit na kasi kaming umuwi sa Pilipinas and he will be staying there with me. Kaya naman ganito kami ngayon at sinusulit ang bawat segundo na dumadaan.

“Hey, Sammy, do you want to get wasted tonight?" I immediately asked her when she answered the call.

[When did I say no?] I heard her chuckle, natawa rin ako.

"Okay, see you later then. I'll just message you the location of the bar, I'll call Beatriz bye!"

That's all, and I dropped the call. I immediately called Beatriz next. It rang a few times before she answered.

[What? I'm in the middle of you know...] she greeted me, and I immediately understood.

[Baby, who's that?] It was a man's voice.

Tsk tsk, she is having s*x again with whoever guy she's with right now.

"Do you want to hang out in the bar with us? I'm with Sammy and Tantan," I asked.

I can clearly hear their moans, and it made me sick to listen to it. Pero sanay na ako sa babaeng ito.

They also know how to speak Tagalog so we became close to each other during the first school year.

[Ahhh! Suree—oh!]

Napangiwi nalang ako. Kahit kailan talaga!

"I'll just text you the bar's location, bye!" I said goodbye and immediately turned off the call before hearing something bad.

Pinagpawisan kaagad ako.

I have never experienced that before, never in my life!

Later on, someone knocked on my door.