CHAPTER 28

Nagising ako dahil sa ingay na paulit-ulit tumutunog sa alarm ng cellphone ko.

'Goodmorning baby, please don’t skip your meals.'

Ion is no longer in the room and I’m sure he set the alarm on my cellphone. I wonder what time he recorded that? Hindi na rin ako magtataka kung paano niya nabuksan ang cellphone ko dahil wala naman itong lock.

A message just arrived from Tantan and it made me smile.

Tantan:
Goodmorning, gorgeous!

Hindi ko na siya nireplyan at sa halip ay dumaretso na ako sa banyo at naghilamos. Then, I went down and saw Tantan preparing some plates. He looked at me and smiled.

“Hello gorgeous, good morning,” he greeted and approached me.

“Good morning!” I warmly greeted him back.

“Looks like you’re happy right now?”

“Of course! We’re going back to the Philippines.” I said excitedly and shook his shoulder.

“Okay okay. Let’s eat so we can get to the airport early and there’s no hassle. Anyaya niya at iginiya ako papuntang dining table.

We just finished eating. I immediately took a shower and got dressed. I fixed my face and put on some makeup. During my long stay in America, I learned how to look elegant or graceful all the time.

I was about to open my drawer when a small white piece of paper caught my attention. I took it and read what was written there.

'Be careful when you get home. I will no longer join you with your so-called boyfriend. I will follow the next day and start thinking how to get you from the guy you are with.'
-Ion

I just shook my head at itinapon na lamang.

I wore a flowery red long back dress and high heels. I looked in front of the mirror, admiring myself. When I was satisfied, I grabbed my suitcase. I only brought a few things and left some items here in case we come back to America. I still have a lot of clothes left in the Philippines, but I don't know if they still fit me. Maybe I'll just buy new clothes there and give away my old ones.

I was about to open the door when it suddenly opened, and Tantan appeared.

“I'll take that, it's kind of heavy.” He took my suitcase. He only brought one suitcase because he plans to shop with me.

“Thanks,” I smiled at him.

Hindi mapaglagyan ang tuwa na nararamdaman ko ngayon. I'm finally going back home to the Philippines after seven years, but it's also sad because I'm leaving this place behind. This place has witnessed everything.

I can't wait to see my friends again. I'm sure I'll miss my friends here in America, especially Sammy and Beatriz.

I roamed around the house, reminiscing and remembering all the happy memories I had here. Tita didn't want us to leave yet, but we had to, so there was nothing they could do.

“Let's go?” Tantan asked, and I just nodded.

Their driver drove us to the airport and helped us unload our luggage. Hindi naman naging matagal ang paghihintay namin dahil pinapasok na kami agad sa loob ng eroplano.