CHAPTER 29

We celebrated that day and I was so happy. It's like I haven't been this happy in a while.

Hannah also shared what happened to her a year ago. Her stepdad is now in jail, and she had to undergo treatment in another country due to the trauma. She just came back last month.

"I'm glad that you're feeling better now," I sincerely said and smiled at her.

"Well, it was really difficult for me, but I had to do it to move on and not remember what happened," she smiled back but her eyes were sad. She can’t hide that from me.

“Mukhang kanina pang naiinis ‘yung lalaking kasama mo.she pointed at Tantan. “Kanina pa siyang dinudumog doon e’.

Problema ng pagiging gwapo, tsk tsk. Iiling iling kong saad.

Tantan’s face was obviously annoyed right now because those womens had been talking to him for a while now and he obviously didn’t like what they were saying. I know Tantan well, and when he looks like that, he's really getting annoyed.

The celebration ended, at nagpaalam na ang iba. Tantan immediately went to the guest room and closed the door.

Everyone left, and I went inside to clean up the mess. I was about to pick up the bottles scattered on the floor when Mommy stopped me.

"Take a rest, sweetie, ako na ang magliligpit ng mga ito.Mommy said. Wala na akong nagawa nang siya na mismo ang naghatid sa akin papasok sa kwarto ko.

Instead of going to my room, I went to the guest room and opened it. Tantan was sound asleep and lying face down.

He must be exhausted.

The next day, I planned to visit our old school with Hannah, Crizel, and Dave. I asked Tantan again if he wanted to come with me because it's boring here at home, and I didn't want to leave him behind.

"Tantan, are you really not going to come with me tomorrow?" I asked him repeatedly. I think it was already my fifth time asking.

"Nope, that's your bonding time with your friends,  and besides palagi naman tayong magkasama. Enjoy, take care. I’ll just wait for you here.”

Kinabukasan I asked Manong to drop me off at my old school.

“Dito nalang po manong, I’ll message you nalang po kapag magpapasundo na ako.”

Tinanguan ako ni manong. “Okay po ma’am, ingat kayo.”

I’m the only one here except from the lady guard in this school, Hannah isn’t here yet so I decided to wander around here alone first.

I first went to the gymnasium na ngayon ay mas dumoble pa ang laki, probably because the number of students had increased.

Memories of Ion and me performing on the stage suddenly came rushing back. I was the luckiest Juliet then, and he was my ideal Romeo.

Now, I was walking along the corridor where I tripped before. It was the time when I was late, and in my bad luck, I didn't see a rock blocking my path.

I also passed by the clinic where Ion took me to treat my wound.

I saw the library that Crizel and I cleaned before. It was where Ion gave me a chair because I couldn't reach the top of the cabinet that I was wiping.

I also saw our classroom nearby. A lot has changed in the school. Even the buildings' designs are now different, wider, and more beautiful. Kung noon kapag maglalakad ka ay masisinagan ka pa ng araw, ngayon ay hindi na. Diresto na ang mahabang pathway na ito at tanging open ground lamang ang nasisinagan ng araw.