CHAPTER 31

We are now in the library. Maybe the interior is newly renovated because the design of each corner is different. Even the furniture and cabinets are newly painted. I can still smell the paint scent."

"You were too short before that's why you couldn't reach the top of this cabinet." He said.

"The important thing is, I'm tall now, hmft!"

"It all started here," he added.

I smiled as I remember those times. I can’t imagine myself before.

“You’re so noisy way back then, he said then looked at me. “Until now.

Nakakamiss,” I whispered and I think he heard it.

Lumabas na kami ro’n and now we're walking in the corridor. Corridor kung saan tatanga-tanga ako, kaya nadapa ako.

I still remember where I'm standing now, this is where I stumbled before," I said while shaking my head, probably out of embarrassment.

"You're so clumsy that's why you stumble.” He burst out laughing now.

Hiyang hiya naman sa’yo na nagsemplang pa sa bike! I teased him back, which made him stop laughing and straighten up.

"Your bike was crappy, that's why I fell," he defended himself without looking at me. I laughed.

Ewan ko sa ’yo, I said while still laughing because of Ion’s reaction and we continued walking.

I stopped walking when I saw the clinic. The clinic where Ion brought me to treat my wound.

"I was surprised when you suddenly shouted inside the clinic, I thought something happened," I didn't realize that Ion was already beside me and was also looking at the clinic. We are now in front of the clinic, we can't enter there because the door is locked.

"I'm telling you, the nurse poured alcohol on my wound without any warning!" I defended myself.

Tss, whatever.

He walked ahead of me and I followed him. I didn't know where we were going, but when I saw one of the familiar places we went together before, I smiled. In the distance, I saw the washing area. We washed rags there, a punishment for being late.

“Dahil sa kabutihang asal ko, dito tayo nadala noong na-late tayo.” Nung una ay hindi ko naintindihan kaagad ang sinabi nya, pero kalaunan ay nalaman ko na kaagad.

Sus! Just admit it! You just want to be with me kaya pumayag ka na pag-labahin tayo ng basahan!I said full of confidence and flipped my hair in front of him.

"As if, you know that time how much I hate girls and..." he couldn't finish what he was about to say, so I just rolled my eyes.

Iniwan ko na siya ro’n bago pa siya mainis sa akin. Lakad takbo ang ginawa ko at napadpad ako rito sa tapat ng canteen. Mas dumoble rin ang laki nito.

Why are we here?" Ion asked curiously. "As far as I remember, we don't have any memories here."

"You don't, but I do!"

What? Tanong niya at nakakunot ng bahagya ang noo.

“You’re really numb, aren’t you?” Naiinis kong saad.

Huh?"

What I mean is that time! Napaka manhid mo noon! I shouted and narrowed my eyes at him.

Alin doon? He was still confused.

See? You've hurt me so many times back then that you don't even remember!"

Just say it,

Alam mo bang nakipagsiksikan pa ako sa loob ng canteen na iyan para makabili lang ng pampalubag loob sa 'yo?! Nakatingin lang siya sa’kin at tila hinihintay ang sunod kong sasabihin. Tapos pagdating ko, nando’n ka sa may sulok busy sa pakikipag-landian?!

That was long long time ago, and hindi 'yon landi. Straight naman talaga ako. Pagdadahilan niya.

Oo nga! Still nasaktan mo parin ako.”

At least I wasn't sitting next to a girl," he defended himself. "Don't worry, I felt your love for me back then." He said proudly.

I just glared at him and continued walking. And finally, after so many years, I'm back in the most memorable part of our school.

We are currently at the gymnasium. I went upstairs and took a look around. This school has changed a lot.

"Do you still remember our performance here?" Ion asked as he looked around the room.

He stood in the middle where we used to stand and perform. I remember those times vividly. I was crazy about Ion back then, even though he didn't like me. Love can make people do crazy things, but it can also ruin everything.

With every happiness there comes sadness. Maybe that's why I'm always in pain because I'm a very happy person. That's why I'm scared to be happy anymore. I'm afraid to be sad and hurt again.

"You were so beautiful back then," I didn't expect that. Dahil sa pagkakaalam ko ay hindi nya pa ako gusto noong panahon na 'yon, naiinis pa siya sa akin. “You really looked like a princess, and for some inexplicable reason, I even imagined myself as your prince charming back then."

"I don't understand why my heart was beating so fast at that time. When I saw you inside the classroom, wearing the most beautiful and elegant gown that made you even more beautiful, I don't know what happened to me, Chloe. I felt like time had stopped and you were the only one I could see,He looked at me.

“I didn't like the effect you had on me, that's not me anymore. You know I really, really, really hated you. But you had a very strong impact on me, and you're the only one who can do that. All I wanted that day was you, only you and no one else." He held my face and brushed some of my hair aside.

I couldn't speak. I wanted to stop him from talking, but I was holding myself back. There was a part of me that wanted to hear how he felt about me back then, but there was also a part of me that didn't like it pero mas lamang ang kagustuhan ko.