50. Dream Come True

Start from the beginning

Gauri glared Om like she would eat him alive but that was because she had to agree with him.

“Fine. Till then you get this room cleaned and that garbage out of the bed.”

“There is no garbage on the bed.”

“There is. Sleeping.”

Before Om could speak in favour of his brother, Gauri had already shut the door on his face. And when he turned around to look at Rudy, his one leg hanging out of the bed and his mouth open letting the drool out on the pillow, he wasn’t surprised that he agreed with Gauri, Rudy did look gross.

Waking Rudra up was not Om could afford for now. He had his own commitments and he couldn’t waste his precious two to three hours in the hard task. Anyway, Rudra had woken up in the morning and when he couldn’t find his phone that was his favourite time pass, he had slept again.

The sky had turned an ugly pale yellow and then dark, almost black that the early evening looked like midnight. Anika had got up in the afternoon, roaming around the house, doing chores that weren’t required, picking up showpieces from their places and then keeping them back, watering the plants even when it had been raining last night and seeing the sky now, there was to be a heavy downpour once again.

It was when Gauri was on the terrace, talking to a colleague and Om and Rudra were busy in their own works and Anika was in the hall alone that Khanna entered the house, rather, almost hit the house as if running for his life.

“Ani— Anika, Shivaay sir, his car met with an accident. He—he’s in the hospital.”

The obvious response anyone could give at such news was not given by Anika. Anyone would’ve ran the moment the news was broken but Anika froze on her place. Her mind was jammed. She stared Khanna with a numbness that scared him.

It was after a few minutes that Anika recovered from her initial numbness and walked out of the house at a fast pace, ignoring the fact that she knew nothing of the hospital Shivaay was in. But she need not have worry about that. Khanna was well ahead of her by the time she came to the main street, ignoring the light drizzle.

Sitting at the back seat of the car with Khanna at the driving seat, she prayed fervently. She couldn’t bear the sight of Shivaay in a hospital again. Once was enough for her.

That moment she had forgotten that she was hurt because of what he had done at the penthouse, she forgot that probably he was in a relationship with some famous model. She had forgotten that she wanted to stay away from him. At the moment she just wanted to get to Shivaay and find him all fit and fine.

Her tears had almost blinded her to the sights outside. She had no wish to know which way they were going or where they were going. She was fine as long as she could reach Shivaay.

It was probably her impatience that the drive seemed to be so long. It was when the car stopped and Khanna helped her come out of the car that she noticed the empty place. Empty wasn’t the word that described the place accurately and it was not a place for a hospital, neither the building infront of her was a hospital.

Probably it was a small scale hospital ? Whether it was or not did not matter to her, Shivaay did. Khanna bhaiya was not the one to offer a wrong information and about Shivaay, never. So she kept her pace and entered the place.

Khanna didn’t follow her inside but stood outside, with other security guards surrounding the place. There task was to be blind to a few things and be alert to others.

After a few minutes’ inspection it occurred to Anika that it was actually not a hospital, it was a cottage, a small one but very comfortable, consisting of every luxury that anyone could need but at the same time it was perfectly simple, with nothing that looked ultra modern.