"Did he fall asleep again?" He asks. I nod. "Ok, Sure, Ms. Cooper." 

I smiled correcting him. "It's Alex, Dave." He shrugs. I shake my head, he never listens. "Good night, Dave. Give my love to little lily and Shaina." His face glow with a big loving smile at the mention of his daughter and wife. "I will, good night, Ms. Cooper." I passed him a bright smile taking my leave.

Around the corner, I saw Ms. Francis running towards our office building with a bag in her hand, which I assume to be dinner. "Aww, that's so sweet." I whisper staring at her little running figure.

Walking towards one of my favorite Italian-American Restaurant I couldn't help but think, I know that's a rare occurrence, but I do it sometimes. 

So, yeah, I was thinking, what it would be like to have a boyfriend? My mom, aunts and even Trish keep pestering me to settle down. Should I really get one? 

I mean I would be lying if I said I wasn't a tinsy bit jealous of what Trish and that Rickson, my parents and now my boss and Ms. Francis have. 

I know when they do all the mushy stuff it makes me puke, but... you know its just when Trish gets her periods or is sick, Dick takes care of her like a baby, he brings her food, ice ceams, cooks her dinner and stuff or when Trish, Dick and I watch some movies in our apartment, they cuddle up and everything, and I just sit there alone with my stupid pillow, it makes me envy them a little.

And as cliche as it may sound but I am a cuddler, I LOVE to cuddle. I just need someone who would hold me while we watch movies or sleep, just cuddle that's it. 

Should I just pay someone to do that? Would that be pathetic? 

YES. My mind and I sighed simultaneously.

Anyway, the main point here is, am I ready to settle down? Well, I could think about it if I ever found a decent boyfriend by myself, which itself would be a miracle, because apparently my forehead is tattooed with CREEPS ONLY. 

Maybe mom will find someone nice for me. Should I just give in to mom's matchmaking?

However, if I do that, I will have to be with a single man for the rest of my life and share the responsibilities that comes with being in a relationship. Oh my god, imagine waking up to the face of the same man every single day, and do all the relationship-y stuff for the rest of your life. Woah... A shiver of fear runs down my spine at that thought.

But then it won't be that hard if the guy is good and gorgeous, you know who has a great personality, a good heart and also is gorgeous with beautiful aquamarine eyes, a cute frowny face, and those irresistable lips when he smiles, stubble cheeks which tickles when you kiss, toned muscled chest, cute butt and a huge... 

STOP picturing XANDER. My mind screamed.

HOLY SHIT. No way. I can't be thinking about... Fuck... NO... Shaking my head furiously I tried to get rid of the images. No, no, no. We are not going there EVER AGAIN. NO.

I am definitely not ready for a man or responsibilities just yet. I am so confused right now to what I want, and making such huge decisions with a confused mind can turn my life into a disaster.

That's right, I am going to enjoy my life as it is. If possible stay single for the rest of my life. I can always pay someone to cuddle, and that maybe pathetic, but it is much easier than having a boyfriend. 

Yep, I have got a plan. And I am going to stick with it. 

Grrr...

My stomach growls when the restaurant came into my view. I sigh.

Right now, the most important thing is food. 

~~~~

The next day was the same, work, work, work and guess what? WORK. 

"Your favorite weekends are coming, Alex, what's the plan?" Sam asks waiting for his turn to George's cabin.

"Going to visit my family." I grinned.

"Ah, good for you, ALex" He says as the intercom buzz. 

"You can go in now, Mr. Brown," I informed Sam smiling. He nodded going into the boss's cabin. 

After a while, I was going to get myself a cup of coffee, when George emerged from his cabin looking around my desk, frantically. "Alex, Alex, where the hell is Alexis?" Everyone stopped and stared between us. 

"I-I am here, boss," I answered behind him, cautiously raising my hand. He called me Alex in broad daylight. Not Ms. Copper, ALEX. 

Jesus, What have I done now? 

I don't remember screwing up anything, hell I even successfully dealt with Mrs. Fuller, who by the way was finally satisfied with her granddaughter's room.

He turned to face me. His face looked quite comical, to be honest, with wide eyes, mouth opened, hair all messed up. 

And working with him for almost 6 years now, I knew this look. It may be hard to believe but this was his ecstatic look.

"Do you know who just called now?" He skips towards me and shakes me furiously holding me by my shoulder. I chuckled and opened my mouth to ask him but he beats me to it. "You won't believe it, Alex." His hands leaves my shoulder and instead fists his already messed up hair. "Oh my god, even I can't believe it." 

"I understand your happiness, boss, but who called?" And my breath skips hearing the name.

"Mrs. Aubree Crawford." He continued. "Mrs. Crawford called to ask if we can help her renovate some rooms in her villa. Can you believe that? She called us herself. I mean can you imagine what a great breakthrough this will be for us, Alex? If she will be satisfied with our work, think of our company. It will be HUGE. Oh my god, I can't believe she called, I mean I'd to pinch myself several times after ending the call, but I am sure she called. Oh, god, I think I am gonna faint." He rambled on.  

"Isn't it amazing?" He asks, I nod rapidly, happy for him, not so much for me though.

Oh, wait that wasn't enough. He had more to say. "Get ready she is coming after lunch to discuss the deal with his son."

"H-His son?" I asked. My heart was beating inhumanly slow.

"Yes, that's the best part. Guess who is coming?" 

"Well, looking at your excited face and knowing my luck, it must be Xander Crawford?"

"Bingo." He clapped his hands excitedly.

.

.

Well, shit.